1P5 and Paypal

Options
Macishman
Macishman
Community Member

Hi

I'm using 1 Password 5.0.2 (502006) Mac App Store version, running in Yosemite 10.10.1. When I try to log in to Paypal, 1P recognizes that I have a password saved, and I can choose it, but login fails. When I enter the password manually by looking at the password saved in that same item in 1P, login works. Somehow Paypal isn't accepting the login from 1P.

At one point it worked and then it stopped working. Unfortunately, I didn't connect it with 1P at that time. I thought someone was trying to hack my Paypal account, so I can't really remember when or any possible contributing factors.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way for me to fix things at my end?

Thanks,

Wayne

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Macishman‌

I hadn't visited PayPal for a while but noticed what seemed a significant redesign to the main page when I did. If a log in page changes it can stop 1Password from working properly and sometimes the changes are invisible to the user as they're changes under the hood so to speak.

Try Saving a Login Manually, I think that should sort you out. Once you've confirmed the new one works you can copy across any other data you have stored in the old one and then safely delete it.

Let us know if that helps (or if it doesn't).

• Macishman
    Macishman
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thanks much, both for the fast response and for 1Password in general. I love that program. =)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @Macishman‌ I'm glad we could help you out :smile: I'm going to close this thread as we've got you sorted out but if you have any further questions or issues in the future you know where to find us! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.