Adding License [Resolved]

Karine
Karine
Community Member
edited January 2015 in Mac

Hello all,
I purchased 1Password a month ago and have my License key but have not installed it yet. Now I am prompted to add the License and redirected to my "Finder" for the application which I can not locate. Is there another way to add the License Key?
(To be specific I purchased the 1Password for Mac from the AgileBits website)
Thanks.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karine‌

Based on the email address you registered with here in the forums I can see you do have a 1Password 5 licence. The key in the email you received from us is actually for 1Password 3 as 1Password 4/5 use a licence file.

If you don't have the original email from us at the time of purchase you can request the licence email to be sent again from our AgileBits Support page

Now as you have a gmail address what might have happened is you got caught out by this weird gmail bug where one of our links to download your licence file (we don't attach it to the actual email) is made invisible by google.

What you should see is

Name: [Name here]
    Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license

Notes: No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

The links are fake because otherwise everybody could download my licence file - not going to happen :wink:

Now the problem with google is that link on the register line is invisible but the link in the Notes line should be there.

Once you've downloaded the licence file I believe double clicking on it should be sufficient but if not we do have a page on Adding a license to 1Password

If you're still having troubles do please let us know.

• Karine
    Karine
    Community Member

Great, that worked, thanks!
    Karine

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karine,

I'm so glad to hear that @littlebobbytables‌ was able to get things sorted out for you!

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at [email protected] - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.