Lost ability to sync to Dropbox

AndyDo
AndyDo
Community Member

Hi.
I decided to do a little spring cleaning in my Dropbox and like the numpty I generally am I 'accidentally' deleted my .agilekeychain (along with many other things I probably needed). Now when my android 1Password tries to sync I get the following error message

Looking for vault (/1Password.agilekeychain)
ERROR:[DropboxUnlinkedException (null) ] (INTERNAL) [com.dropbox.client2.RESTUtility.parseAsJSON((RESTUtility.java:263), com.dropbox.client2.RESTUtility.execute((RESTUtility.java:415), com.dropbox.client2.RESTUtility.execute((RESTUtility.java:339), com.dropbox.client2.RESTUtility.streamRequest((RESTUtility.java:194)]
Failed

Could anybody kindly point me in the direction of a solution (did try searching the forum but couldn't find any other users daft enough to make this mistake)
Thanks
Andy

Comments

• AndyDo
    AndyDo
    Community Member

Thank you - I'll try that this afternoon

• Hi @AndyDo‌

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with Dropbox. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to reconnect Dropbox without resetting 1Password. However, resetting 1Password will cause you to lose all of your data, so please make sure to securely copy any new items on your Android which have not synced over.

Here's what I would like you to do:

Go into Android device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

Then you can launch 1Password on your Android device and continue through the initial set up screen.

That should solve the problem. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• AndyDo
    AndyDo
    Community Member

Thank you for this Peri. A couple of questions - will your above solution then allow 1password to access the original 'restored' data on dropbox? and if it will (since I'm not fully sure I've restored everything correctly) could you tell me what the required file(s) are on dropbox so I could check if I have recovered them. Finally - I presume there is no way to extract a 'back-up' of my password file from the phone just in case I screw everything up?
    Thanks for your time
    Andy

• Hi @AndyDo‌

I responded to your support email earlier today, but I'll answer here as well, in case anyone else has this question.

You will be able to link to whatever version of your .agilekeychain is in Dropbox after clearing the app data. To make sure your data is intact in Dropbox, log into 1PasswordAnywhere and see if the logins look okay there. Log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

This will allow you to see exactly what data you have saved in Dropbox. If the data looks OK there, please go ahead with clearing data. With regards to backing up on the phone, it is possible, but only if you've never opted to sync with Dropbox. :(

1Password 4 for Android allows you to select your data folder from any path, but once you have selected the path, it does not allow you to change it without resetting the application. So if you decide to move your 1Password data folder to a different location after setting up 1Password for Android, you will need to reset all of 1Password's settings to set the new data location. This is the only way to set the new path at the moment.

Please let us know if you have any further questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.