Too many different 1Password installs

Options

I have a 1password 3 license for my desktop and version 3.9.20 on firefox and something else on my ipad - none of them are in sync and now with the new OSX Yosemite it says 1password is incompatible. How do I get everything back in sync without loosing the passwords that I use on the firefox browser? Do I have to spend another $50 to purchase the latest upgrade? How to I uninstall the older versions of 1password? Please help!!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @permagirl‌

I sincerely apologize for the frustration here. First of all, it sounds like your Mac is set up correctly with 1Password 3. The main app and the browser extension are two pieces of one puzzle. You need both in order to get the full 1Password experience. The browser extension is not a separate installation of 1Password so much as it is a helper. The latest version of the browser extension for 1Password 3 is 3.9.20, so you're good to go there. If you are on OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) then you might want to consider upgrading to 1Password 5 for Mac, our latest and greatest version that was designed to work (and look) great in this new operating system. However, 1Password 3 should work just fine in Yosemite as well.

Could you tell me where you are seeing this message that 1Password is incompatible?

I'd also like to know which version of 1Password you have on your iOS device, and which version of iOS you are using. The more detail you can provide, the better - we'll get this sorted out for you!

This discussion has been closed.