1password not working with Glassdoor website.

Options

Hi,

I'm unable to store passwords automatically on Glassdoor website. So i managed to manually create glassdoor login but i'm unable to fill it on the username and password textbox. Please fix it. Thanks

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Are you talking about http://www.glassdoor.co.uk?

• meetajhu
    meetajhu
    Community Member
    Options

^^ Yeah. .in or .uk anything

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

.in or .uk anything

What version of which browser are you using, @meetajhu‌, and what version of the 1Password extension do you have installed?

Also, are saying the extension fails to fill on all .in and .uk domains or just on the glassdoor.co.xx domains?

• meetajhu
    meetajhu
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@DBrown‌ Doesn't seem to work in any glassdoor region weather its .com or .uk or .in . I'm using the latest version of 1password for desktop 4.1.0.530 and Firefox 35 beta 1password version is 4.2.5. But works in IE11.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @meetajhu‌.

Did you save the Login manually in the extension or create it (using the "new item" function) in the main 1Password program?

• meetajhu
    meetajhu
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown‌ I used the browser's extension(1password 4.2.5) to create the login manually (1password Menu -> Settings -> Save New Login...) .

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just visited http://www.glassdoor.co.uk, clicked the Sign In link, entered a fake username-password combination, and submitted the form.

1Password immediately offered to save a Login item for me.

I closed the offer window, and repeated the process, but 1Password didn't offer again, presumably because it interpreted my closing the window as a preference not to have the offer made again. (I would question that interpretation, if that's the case.)

Is it possible that's what happened with you, too?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Next, I saved a Login item using the method you described, and confirmed that the new Login item doesn't fill the form.

Finally, I edited the Login item in the main 1Password program to enable the Use auto-type in web browser option, and tried again.

This time, the extension was able to fill the form, so please let us know whether that works for you, too.

• meetajhu
    meetajhu
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown‌ No. It never worked for me as you stated. 1password never offered me to save login.

• meetajhu
    meetajhu
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown‌ Use Auto-type option worked as expected. Thanks. But is it bug or i have to use it this way?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

There are many ways to code a login form, and some of them make it hard for 1Password to do its job. That's why auto-type is such a useful fall-back option that people have requested it be added to 1Password for Mac, as well.

Note that it is just that: a fall-back feature. We always recommend letting 1Password fill by the standard method everywhere possible, as auto-type—just like regular typing—could be detected by a keystroke logger. That's why the auto-type option is disabled, by default.

• ravigupta
    ravigupta
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing the same issue and I am unable to find the option to enable Auto-Type when I edit the login for Glassdoor.com in the main Mac app.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ravigupta 1Password for Mac does not have Auto-Type. This is a Windows-only feature.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Since this is the 1Password for Windows forum, @ravigupta, I didn't mention 1Password for Windows in my reply, but I did write:

...auto-type is such a useful fall-back option that people have requested it be added to 1Password for Mac, as well.

As @svondutch writes, that has not happened, as yet. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.