Problem (re)installing 1password app on a Samsung S3 mini

asi
asi
Community Member

Hi everybody,

a few days ago I've successfully installed 1Password on both my laptop (win 7) and my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, I've managed "synchronizing" the passwords I've created using my laptop with my phone. (it was more of a copy paste of a file to my phone's 1password directory)
today, I've added a few more passwords with my laptop and wanted to sync it with my phone again (tried to export all 3 file types which are given and put them on my phone where I believe my vault was...in the 1password directory) no sync was happening... so I tried and I tried... and gave up.
I've decided to start all over. uninstalled the 1password app, deleted all the files...installed again and the problem was not only not solved but has gotten worse.
what I see now after starting the app is:
-the Quick tour: the Basics -> continue
-the Quick tour: Syncing -> continue
-the Quick tour: Security -> continue
-Premium features -> continue
-welcome to 1password...-> "I've used 1Password before" (chose that one because I have a main password and some saved on my laptop)
->sync using local storage (don't have dropbox account, and would rather using a USB cable).

I managed finding the 1Password.agilekeychain file, and have chosen it, the screen I'm arriving to afterwards is asking me "would you like to continue?" but is giving me only the 2 options "select vault" (which takes me back to the directories) or "cancel" (which is taking me to the directories as well!)

I feel like I'm not getting any further here by myself and any ideas or suggestions would much appreciated !

for now many thanks for reading, and good night!

Comments

• Hi @asi. I'm sorry to hear about your syncing troubles. Can you clarify whether you re-transferred the 1Password.agilekeychain folder into your local storage after reinstalling the app on your Android? Thanks!

• asi
    asi
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Hi Peri, thanks for you replay.

Yes I have reinstalled the app again and have moved the folder with the file 1Password.agilekeychain in it to my phone. it seems like it doesn't matter what I choose I keep on getting to the screen telling me:

"The following vault was selected in local storage:

sdcard0/1Password/1Password/1Password.ahilekeychain

would you like to continue?"

there are 3 options to go on:
    on the top left side: <Sync
    at the bottom: Select vault
    under it: Cancel

all 3 options take me to the: Select vault screen, where I choose the
    -1Password
    -1Password
    -1Password.agilekeychain

and so on as a loop, so I can't open the program at all because I can't go through the "select vault" part.

am I doing anything wrong? I believe I have the right file chosen...
    and this has worked before.

greets

• Hey @asi. Thanks for confirming that for us. I would like you to select I'm new to 1Password and create a new vault. Once you have created the vault, go into Settings > Sync and configure sync to the 1Password.agilekeychain you transferred over. Let me know if you are experiencing the same issue here.

I would also like you to create a diagnostic from your Android device by following this guide. It will provide us with more information about your device.

Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox. Thanks in advance!

• asi
    asi
    Community Member

Hi saad, sorry it took me sop long to answer... just didn't get to it...

after pressing "I'm a new 1Password user" I'm arriving to a screen asking me for my password.
    what should I do next?
    should i create a new user with a new password and change it later or should I use the password I already have?

• Hey @asi. Not a problem at all. You can create a vault using a new master password, it shouldn't really matter. Then go into 1Password 4's Settings > Sync and enable sync to the same data folder. Let me know what you find out.

• asi
    asi
    Community Member

Ok saad and Peri, I've tried both creating a vault (in my phone) after creating a new password on my android device. and, after it didn't work I've uninstalled, installed and have created a new vault using my true password. the problem remains and I still can't get to sync anything. (tried wifi sync as well but the app don't seem to have the option in it, the Settings>Sync gives me only: -Folder Sync...-Sync automatically...-Notification.)...
    my questions are
    1.after creating a new vault using my true password, what should be my next step? I've tried exporting a .pif file with my passwords and move it to the folder in my phone... this hasn't worked.
    2. what is the way of syncing 2 devices through cable? I can't see any import button in my app.

thanks for you time !
    Asi

P.S. I've sent the diagnostic... hope I haven't forgotten anything.

• Hey @asi. Thanks for the diagnostic report from your Android device. @peri has already replied to your email containing the report but we haven't heard back from you yet. :( Is the issue now resolved? If not, could you tell us which device has your most up-to-date 1Password information? I can walk you through the process of getting all of your information onto your Android device.

• asi
    asi
    Community Member

Hi Saad, sorry but I've been busy and in between my laptop graphic card has moved on to meet his maker...
    I've decided to purchase a new one and have received it last night.
    For some reason i haven't got the reply peri has sent to me, could you please ask him to resend it? (That is not connected to my broken computer as I could still read my emails with my phone).
    As for the moment the device with my most up to date 1password info is the motherboard of my old laptop which I have taken out of the old one and connected to the new one, so all the files I've had have remained untouched).
    What way do you suggest walking me through the process? Would you use Skype for that or should we go on writing here?
    Again many thanks for taking the time.

Thanks

• Hi @asi,

I sent my reply to you again since you mentioned not receiving it. I'll go ahead and post here as well, just to make sure you see my response. :)

It looks like you're syncing to an SD card rather than to local storage. This is a tricky situation on Android as different devices mount the SD cards differently. For 1Password to be able to access the vault, it must be read as local storage.

I'd like you to transfer your 1Password.agilekeychain folder to the local storage on your Android and see if you're able to select local storage syncing. Please let me know how that goes! Thanks and have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.