Trouble signing into Starbucks.com site with 1Password for Mac [resolved]

wow69den
wow69den
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

The sign in url (https://www.starbucks.com/account/signin) keeps taking me back to the corporate url (https://www.starbucks.com).

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wow69den‌

I don't have an account (I'm not even States based) but I have a couple of questions to kickstart the troubleshooting.

1. Are you saying that if you log in manually, but copying and pasting, that it works but submitting with 1Password doesn't?
    2. Are you using the browser extension/1Password mini or are you using the open and fill option from the main 1Password window?
    3. Have you tried creating a new login using our Saving a Login Manually guide?

If you can let us know the answers to those and we can continue the troubleshooting process.

• wow69den
    wow69den
    Community Member

Yes to first question. I am using browser extension/1 Password mini. Tried the guide but same problem.

• wow69den
    wow69den
    Community Member

Do you people have a customer service telephone number? This is not working-I need to speak with someone-it will be the only way this is resolved. The problem persists.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wow69den‌

Before we escalate this can you confirm one more detail for me please (to avoid wasting your time). We've recently had a bug report filed where if you have the Remember me checkbox ticked, which it is by default, then 1Password fails to log you in properly. We're working on this but for the moment it seems the only workaround is to create a new Login item using the manual method above but with the Remember me box unticked.

Let us know if this applies to you at all.

• wow69den
    wow69den
    Community Member

Did not work. It keeps looping back to www.starbucks.com

• ddougan
    ddougan
    Community Member

I have the same problem. I've created the login manually per the link above; however, it doesn’t improve the situation.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wow69den‌ & @ddougan‌

We've done some more testing and we've managed to determine that the reason certain members of AgileBits can log in seems to correlate with those running the 1Password for Mac beta with the extension beta.

Those of us running the latest release of 1Password for Mac can reproduce your experiences. These are likely connected to the fact that the page is doing some odd stuff in the background e.g. randomly generated field names and IDs on each refresh.

A future release will improve on this but unfortunately for now, the only way we've found to reliably log in at the moment is to copy and paste the two fields and not use the 1Password browser extension. I'm sorry it isn't better news but progress is being made in the beta of 1Password for Mac.

• robertfranssen
    robertfranssen
    Community Member

Currently when using autofill, Starbucks Account is kicked back out to home page each time. Manually copying and pasting works. Fix please!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@robertfranssen‌ I have merged your post with a thread discussing the same issue.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Thanks @Stephen_C‌

Hi @robertfranssen‌ As you will see from this thread, we are aware of the issue. I apologise that it's happening and that the only solution for the moment is either to copy and paste or to run both the beta of 1Password for Mac and the 1Password browser extension. We will get a handle on this and their odd page (see my comment on the randomly generated field name and IDs in post #8).

Sorry it isn't better news but it is being looked into.

ref: OPX-744

• Kino
    Kino
    Community Member

Same problem here.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Nothing new to report at the moment @Kino sorry :disappointed:

• cbeyond
    cbeyond
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

I actually have the same issue as well. If I copy/paste the username & password from 1password extension to the fields I can log in successfully. If I have the extension to auto fill the info and auto submit it'll take me to the main Starbucks page without logging in. If I auto fill using the extension and manually hit the sign in button it'll also failed to log in, taking me right back to Starbucks.com.

Tried it on the latest version of Safari and latest version of Firefox, under the latest version of Yosemite, same results.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cbeyond,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here. I'll add those details to the report in our internal tracker. I hope it helps our team improve 1Password's behaviour on this site.

• wow69den
    wow69den
    Community Member

Any improvements yet?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wow69den

It's still an ongoing bug I'm afraid and I can confirm it isn't working in our latest betas. The filling logic is getting an overhaul at the moment but that will take time given the importance if getting it right. Sorry it isn't better news.

• Dollarbill
    Dollarbill
    Community Member

Same issues with Starbucks. When I log into Starbucks.com without using 1Password, username and password are excepted. When using 1 Password, the username and password are filled in and then I am redirected back to Starbucks.com without having been logged into my account. Everything worked fine before the last 1Password upgrade.

• MickM
    MickM
    Community Member

Using 1Password 5.1. I try to login to
    https://www.starbucks.com/account/signin
    and it fills in my name and password but it doesn't work when I click on the signin button (or have it auto-submit). If I copy the password into the password field and click on submit it works just fine. Is this a bug?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dollarbill,

I tested it today with Firefox 35.0.1, browser extension 4.3.0.b7 and 1Password 5.3.BETA-4 - still no improvement.

I am curious as to which version you say it worked with though. We're on 1Password 5.1 at the moment but that wasn't released when the thread was created. Are you referring to 1Password 5 in general when you say that?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@MickM I have merged the new thread you created with a long existing discussion on the subject of difficulties with the Starbucks login.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MickM,

In case you haven't already read the previous posts in this discussion - yes, this is an issue that our developers are currently working on. The Starbucks site seems to be doing something a little differently which isn't working correctly with the 1Password extension. I don't have a timeframe for when a fix will be available, but our developers are certainly working on this.

• FirePro
    FirePro
    Community Member

Hi - I see that you are already aware of the situation. Just confirming that there are a number of us out here with the problem, using multiple browsers (Firefox and Chrome for sure). The other folks I know who use 1Password, are also Starbucks users, and are experiencing the login failure. I understand it is probably really a problem with Starbucks' web design, but appreciate your efforts to overcome. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FirePro,

Thanks for letting us know, and I'm sorry you're also having trouble with that! This is definitely something we hope to improve. I'll be happy to let our developers know you and your friends are also experiencing this problem. If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

• geek9mm
    geek9mm
    Community Member

Yes, add me to the list of people who have been struggling with this and wasted a lot of time with Starbucks support on it before coming here and finding this thread. Yep, I can only login to SBUX with Chrome when I copy and paste my login creds from 1PW (Win). Side note, Starbucks support was telling me they were sorry I was "confused." Which made me laugh through my tears of anguish.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @geek9mm,

I'm sorry you're also having this problem with 1Password and Starbucks.com. And I'm also sorry to hear you spent so much time trying to get help with that! You're certainly not "confused" about anything, the problem is just that 1Password and their website aren't playing very nicely with each other. Hopefully that's something we'll be able to fix! I'll gladly add your comments to our internal tracker, to let our developers know.

• geek9mm
    geek9mm
    Community Member

Hey Drew --

I know, right? I thought that was pretty funny ("... sorry you are confused"). It's just typical cut-and-paste support answer scripty goodness, whatever, I'm sure. Like, you open a ticket to ask about, I dunno, the color blue, and they answer, "Thank you for contacting us! I know how frustrating it can be to not have pink. Have you tried clearing your cache? To clear your cache using Internet Explorer ... " And then they really did give me detailed instructions on how to clear my cache and I think they included some recipe for a smoothie, too. Irrelevant and condescending at the same time! Whee.

Anyway, after I got done rolling my eyes, I had to stop my "evil" self from replying, "Thanks! I rebooted and it's all working, plus I lost five pounds! Hey, are we in the cloud now?" Heh.

Thanks for adding me to the Voices of Starbucksian Login Despair, though, seriously. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@geek9mm, I like the way you think, that's a funny way to summarize your call! :lol: It's good to have a sense of humor about things like that. That also reminds me of an old temp job I had years and years ago, where my supervisor once asked me "How do you make blue?" (Nothing to do with the job, just something she asked in casual conversation, although I don't remember why.) I wasn't sure how to answer that, and I think the best I could come up with was "Subtract yellow from green...?" But I digress... ;)

• JHR
    JHR
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I cannot sign into my Starbucks account. I am brought back to the general corporate page. I have cleared my cached, pasted my id and password rather using the auto-fill-in features in Chrome, deleted my Chrome ID and uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. But I still can't sign into Starbucks with Chrome. I have talked with Starbucks tech support. They say that Chrome has a problem, they can't help. I can sign in using Internet Explorer. BTW, I'm on a PC running Windows 7, 64 bit. I can sign-in using Chrome on my Nexus. I really like Starbucks and this is an annoyance. Any help will be appreciated.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JHR,

I'm sorry you've been having such problems with that site! I'm not sure if you've read other messages in this thread, but the 1Password extension currently has trouble with the Starbucks website. Login forms work a bit differently on just about every website that has them, and some forms are a lot trickier to fill than others. We can't guarantee that 1Password will work with every single website that has a login form, but we try our best to work correctly with as many sites as we can. We have a bug report open for the issue with the Starbucks site, and although I don't have a timeframe for a solution, I'll gladly add your comments to our internal tracker so our developers are aware you're also having this problem.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that right now! If you have more questions, please do let us know.

• PhyberOptik
    PhyberOptik
    Community Member

Add me to the Starbucks list. Thought it was just me until I finally came to the forums and saw all of the comments. MacBook Air, OS 10.10.3, Firefox 38.0.5. I'll just leave the Starbucks auto login in my Firefox prefs until the issue is resolved. Other than that, I haven't had any issues with adding logins to 1PW and then deleting them from my browser prefs.

This discussion has been closed.