Frequent problems in Windows

Error Message: "IE denying access to a <frame>..."
I am having frequent problems with 1password for Windows. When I try to use the "go and fill" login for many sites (e.g. Capital One, Amex) I get the following message: "Internet Explorer is denying access to a <frame> because it is on some other domain". I have both a mac and a PC. I first intalled 1Password on a Mac and saved it in dropbox. After trying out the product, I decided to get it for my PC. The Windows 1Password program found my data in dropbox and loaded it. I'm wondering if the problems I'm having are because the login was created on a Mac and can't transfer over for use on a PC. Anyone else encontering this problem?

I have also found that 1Password frequently doesnt know where to enter the login info and, for example, places a user name in a search box on the login page of a web site.

I love the Mac version of the software, but the Windows version doesnt seem ready for primetime.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Oldeyes wrote:

I am having frequent problems with 1password for Windows. When I try to use the "go and fill" login for many sites (e.g. Capital One, Amex) I get the following message: "Internet Explorer is denying access to a <frame> because it is on some other domain".

This is a problem with Internet Explorer, and Internet Explorer only. Essentially, it comes down to this: Internet Explorer does not allow script access to a <frame> that is hosted on some other domain (other than the current domain). Because of this security measure, we cannot "touch" a login when it is inside a <frame> that is hosted on some other domain. Fact of life.

Whenever this problem appears, my advice is to use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. They do not have this problem.

Oldeyes wrote:

I have also found that 1Password frequently doesnt know where to enter the login info and, for example, places a user name in a search box on the login page of a web site.

Where (what URL) are you seeing this? Please be more specific.
This discussion has been closed.