Landscape on Droid Ultra

Options
martinnel
martinnel
Community Member
edited January 2015 in Android

Since updating to 1P v.4 I have lost the ability to log in in landscape mode. This was available in earlier versions, but even as of today's (1/12/15) update, this feature has not returned. When can we expect to see this back? BTW, landscape for login does work on my Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet.

Martin
1Password v 4.1.6
Droid Ultra on Verizon
Android Version 4.4.4

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey @martinnel‌! Landscape orientation for the unlock screen is only designed to work for tablets. On phones like the Droid Ultra, the unlock screen is only available in portrait mode. Landscape orientation for the unlock screen will work fine on your Ellipsis 7 tablet.

I hope that helps clarify the orientation issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• martinnel
    martinnel
    Community Member
    Options

Landscape orientation for the unlock screen used to work on the Droid Ultra (and my previous Android phone) in 1Password 3. If anything, it is more valuable to have it work on phones with their smaller keyboards than it is on a tablet. Can we get it back?

• saad
    Options

I assume you are referring to 1Password Reader since we never had a 1Password 3 on Android. I will certainly pass on your suggestion to our team. We are currently working on an Android Lollipop redesign and I am sure our team will appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

• martinnel
    martinnel
    Community Member
    Options

I suppose it was Reader. But really, unless I pay for the Premium version, 1Password is only a reader on my phone anyway. Whatever the case, when I had 1Password 3 on my Mac, its companion on my smart phone had landscape orientation for the unlock screen. After paying for an upgrade to v.4 on my Mac and then updating my phone, I've lost this feature. I think 1Password is a fantastic product, but no one likes subsequent versions to have fewer features.

Yes, please pass my suggestion on to development.

• saad
    Options

I have passed on your suggestion to the development team. Thank you so much. :)

This discussion has been closed.