Starting Over

Options
iArrudaG
iArrudaG
Community Member

Hello,

I have been using 1Password for years now but have recently run into some issues I hope you can help me with. I was trying to follow some steps on re-encrypting my data (due to an old, weak master password) and am now stuck with an old vault that won't go away. I have tried the 'Start Over' guide multiple times but still can not get rid of the old vault. In short, my goal is to wipe all 1Password data/vaults and start as if I have never has it on my Mac. I have already exported my data and if it helps, I purchased through the Mac App Store. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done.

Thank you.

Comments

• iArrudaG
    iArrudaG
    Community Member
    Options

Can anyone help?

• Hey @iArrudaG‌ !

Can I ask, is the following "Starting Over" guide the one you are following?

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/starting-over

If so, is there any of the steps that you are having trouble with? Are you receiving any error messages at all?

Cheers!

• iArrudaG
    iArrudaG
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@Greig Allen

Thank you very much for your response. That is the article I was using. Everything was pretty straight forward and I received no error messages. I even went as far as deleted every file with "agile" and "1Password" on my computer. An old version of the vault still appears when I restart 1Password which means it still exists somewhere on my computer. I turned off iCloud as well but I still get the same result.

-GA

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iArrudaG‌

Sadly 1Password attempting to be helpful is actually being unhelpful so sorry about that. I think the best plan is if we ask you for a diagnostic report as that will allow us to see exactly all sources of your vault.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• iArrudaG
    iArrudaG
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌

Thank you very much!

The ticket ID is #BUU-49687-929.

Best,

-GA

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iArrudaG‌

I've found the ticket and will be responding momentarily :smile:

• DBinPdx
    DBinPdx
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem and so far getting the same non-response. (I also have a starting over question here. I am just about to try again. This time I'm hopeful. I found a second vault file in ~/Library/Group Containers. I have been repeatedly deleting it form ~/Library/Containers as instructed. I'll let you know.

• DBinPdx
    DBinPdx
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, that didn't work either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DBinPdx: Sorry for the trouble! We intentionally try not to make it too easy to wipe out all traces of 1Password, since most of the time folks just need to reinstall it -- but don't want to lose any of their actually data! This behaviour can sometimes cause some grief, I'm afraid.

Check out our uninstallation guide, as it goes into great detail in regard to locations of preference files and such; and it sounds like this might be helpful in your case. If you continue having issues, be sure to let us know exactly where you're getting stuck, and we'll be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.