Printing in 1Password for Windows [Not supported]

Options
computerfan3
computerfan3
Community Member

Hello,
could you please implement a printer function in 1Password for Windows?
I manage the passwords of my customers in 1Password and need do print out all Items of one folder for them sometimes.
Currently I have to copy all data into Word to print them out.

Thanks!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@computerfan3‌, a search of the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide for "printing" will take you to the Exporting data article.

I believe a formal "print" function is already on the list of requested features, but I don't know of any resources allocated to that feature at this time.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

@computerfan3 Where are you storing those print-outs? Because printing is essentially a plain-text export, this can be horribly insecure. Please store your print-outs in a safe. Otherwise, you might be defeating the purpose of a password manager. Thanks!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

You also need to be careful with Word. It can create all sorts of temporary files that might end up retaining your logins, in plain text, on your hard drive. If you must print them then use Notepad. It may not look as pretty but it will only write to disk when you tell it to.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

@computerfan3 Where are you storing those print-outs? Because printing is essentially a plain-text export, this can be horribly insecure.

Exactly as noted in the Exporting data article cited above.

• fdavis99
    fdavis99
    Community Member
    Options

I wrote this elsewhere, but for readers of this thread:

There is a real need for printing to paper -- archive in safe deposit box; share with spouse who is non-technical. I'm not worried about someone breaking into my house and finding the password list -- they're looking for electronics and jewelry. With proper warnings and confirmations, the ability to print in a decent layout is a top requirement for me and many other users (I just found 15+ posts requesting that just since December 14).

The old print function that printed my 400 logins on 126 pages is not acceptable.

Thanks.

--Franklin

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Franklin,

I've replied to your other post on this: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/204562/#Comment_204562

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

In case anyone is still interested in printing out 1Password data, here's a sneak preview of something I'm working on.

• MrC, you're a treasure!

This discussion has been closed.