Multiple error prompts when syncing via Wi-Fi sync [Confirmed, will be fixed]

sashk
sashk
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

I've launched 1Password on iOS device (502101) and unlocked. 1Password on Mac prompted for new beta update, so I allowed update and it launched App on OS X. iOS app showed screen asking to unlock. Then it flashed again with the same message. Then again. I unlocked OS X version. Clicked dismiss. It showed up error again. I repeated 5-7 times, it got stuck there. Force killed app, re-started and everything worked again.

Could you please look into this?

Why nag user to unlock? May be, someone else using his/her Mac, but end user wants to do something on iOS?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2015

Hi @Aleks B‌,

Could you please look into this?

We are investigating the cause and will get it fixed.

When you updated the app, it restarted 1Password mini, which handles the Wi-Fi sync process and due to extra workarounds we've added for the Yosemite and iOS 8's DNS issues, it sometime becomes more aggressive about syncing your data. We're trying to ease up and make sure it doesn't prompt again. This will be fixed soon.

Why nag user to unlock? May be, someone else using his/her Mac, but end user wants to do something on iOS?

Wi-Fi sync requires an unlocked vault on your Mac to sync the data, it's not like the cloud sync, it requires a consistent connection to your Mac to maintain the sync.

Unfortunately, the issue is related to the above situation when the Mac app restarted. We will fix that first and once that is resolved, we'll then fix this issue to make sure it handle the notifications differently.

This discussion has been closed.