which license?

martylove57
martylove57
Community Member

I have 1Password on my mac, ipad and ipod, and my trial is over so need to buy a license. Do I buy the single one for mac, or the one for ios?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Both :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I need to work on succinct answers, @RichardPayne‌.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Maximum information density ftw. ;)

• @RichardPayne summed it up quite nicely, but if you have further questions please be sure to let us know! :)

• savignr
    savignr
    Community Member

Have you given any thought to do more bundle licenses like windows,Android and iphone ?
    Or other combinations, I'm sure many of your users have many combinations. On stop shopping is also a bonus.

PS I like the product and use it on my home and office iPhone, Android tablet , Windows laptop and possibly my future mac but not on my ipad its iOS is to old.

Regards

• savignr
    savignr
    Community Member

One more note as i'm looking at your site I realize licenseing seems to be confusing your consumers,which is costing you $$$

Its causing me to hold off and make the purchase.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

@savignr - I don't know whether bundle pricing and sales are possible for Android, but they aren't for the Apple applications. The iOS apps can only be sold by Apple through iTunes on the App Store, and not by AgileBits directly. The OS X app can be sold two ways - on the AgfileBits web store and by Apple on the Mac App Store. Apple themselves provide no way to bundle applications within the App Stores, let alone between them.

I assume that Android applications are available only on the Google Play store and no other place. If so, the Android version also can't be bundled.

I'm reasonably confident that AgileBits would prefer to be able to do what you describe, but there is no current way for them to do so.

• savignr
    savignr
    Community Member

That may be the case ,I'm by no means a expert on any of this but as a consumer if its a Hassel to do anything I tend not to do nothing.
    Maybe the user acct could be licensed and not the OS .....if that is possible in this case.. Again I'm no expert.

I've been a proud and verbal user of this software for greater then 6 months and would like to contribute some$$ to its continued success at what I would consider a convenient and reasonable rate.

Thanks for the response !

• To make it as simple as is currently possible:

1Password is sold on a per-platform basis. E.x. If you want to use 1Password on both Mac and iOS (different platforms) it is sold separately.

We're always looking into making things easier, so we appreciate the feedback.

• savignr
    savignr
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Bwoodruff sorry to make you write the same thing over and over, didn't realize there were so many people commenting on the same issue.... which make you think there's something wrong with this model.

For me to get 1password on my iPhone, win7 and android table $49.99, $9.99 & $9.99...$70. :(

Thank you again!
    Respectfully yours,
    Ray

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Ray ( @savignr ),

I'm not sure we could ever come up with a single pricing model that would make everyone happy. ;) With respect to our existing price model, 1Password is a premium product, and it is priced as such. Of course, it is completely up to us to demonstrate enough value in that product to make it worth your hard-earned money. I hope that during the trial you've come to see just how useful 1Password is at keeping your data secure and organized. If you have any questions or concerns about the product, we'd be happy to help.

We've done our best to offer bundled discounts where we can to ensure that you aren't paying full price for the software more frequently than is necessary, and both our Android and iOS apps are available on a freemium basis, which means you don't have to pay to access the basic features of the app.

As Ben mentions above, we really do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

• kotep
    kotep
    Community Member

I've heard some great things about one password. However I have to admit I am totally confused by the cost, pricing and which is free etc.
    seriously.. You need to revamp this convoluted pricing.
    Here are my questions(rants)
    1. I have 1 password on my iPad and on my iPhone. Is there a charge? Or do I blissfully start to figure it out and voila?
    2. I downloaded it on my Mac... Again appears to work but will it lock me out or ask for $$
    3. Finally. A nice user manual. Don't tell me to go to the discussion board with the 12 product platforms ( btw lots of dead links on the site) or ask questions where we'll get the condescending one word 'typical IT' answers.

This ends my rant

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kotep,

I'm sorry that you're feeling confused by our pricing, and I'll do my best to clear things up here.

1. I have 1 password on my iPad and on my iPhone. Is there a charge? Or do I blissfully start to figure it out and voila?

1Password for iOS is available as a freemium app. You can download the app for free and the basic features are accessible to you. If you wish to use the Pro Features, you can pay a one-time in app purchase to unlock the extra goodies.

If you need some help getting started, we do have some great documents in our User Guides and Knowledgebase that can walk you through the process.

1. I downloaded it on my Mac... Again appears to work but will it lock me out or ask for $$

We have a free 30-day trial available for 1Password for Mac. After 30 days, you will be prompted to add a license if you wish to continue to use the software. You will not be locked out of your data after the trial ends. Your data will be available in read-only format, you simply won't be able to add or edit any more items.

1. Finally. A nice user manual. Don't tell me to go to the discussion board with the 12 product platforms ( btw lots of dead links on the site) or ask questions where we'll get the condescending one word 'typical IT' answers.

Please let me know if the User Guide that I posted above helps you get used to 1Password. Our docs team has worked hard to ensure that the documentation is a comprehensive overview of 1Password and its features, but we're always looking to improve our Guides, so if you notice that anything is lacking, please let us know!

Of course, if you have any further questions about 1Password, we are here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.