1ptbackup file

Options

Hi all,

I am having an issue restoring a backup made with 3.5.2. My wife's original iPhone 4s was on the fritz so we made a backup of her database in *.1ptbackup format. We got her another iPhone 4s and was able to get 3.5.2 back on her iPhone via iTunes. When attempting to do a restore of the file on the new iphone the web browser says it completed. The 1password on the iPhone then looks like it locks up and we have to close the app and open it back up. When we open up 1password again the database is not restored.

Any help is appreciated. Once we can restore I will update it to a later version. Also is the database stored in iTunes somewhere and could I use that file to do a restore?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bingdude,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble restoring your data into 1Password. It sounds like you might have a bad backup here, but I've got something that we can try. Since you mention restoring 1Password 3.5.2 from iTunes, we'll see if you can access the latest version of 1Password 3 (3.7.2) via the App Store.

• Go to App Store > Purchased (on iPhone go to App Store > Updates > Purchased) and search for 1Password there. Make sure it appears in your purchase history. If it does not, stop here and reply to me.
    • If 1Password 3 does show in your purchase history, close the App Store, then delete 1Password 3 for iOS from the device. Now Reopen the App Store and go back to the purchase history.
    • The old icon should be visible with a cloud icon next to it. Tap the cloud icon to re-download.
    • Open 1Password 3 for iOS, and set up the same passcode and Master Password as you had before.
    • If you get prompted to import, tap that you will do it later, but do not tap that you never want to see the prompt again.
    • Restore the .1ptbackup file according to the restore instructions here.

Please let me know if you have any better luck restoring the backup in 1Password 3.7.2!

• bingdude
    bingdude
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I followed all your steps and it all worked great. My wife is a happy camper now. :) Meanwhile I have updated from 3 to 5 and the import went well there to. Thanks so much for the assistance!

Bill

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bill ( @bingdude ),

Whoo! I'm thrilled to hear that you're all sorted out. It's quite important that the wife is a happy camper. ;)

I hope that 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.