Can't access 1Password on my iPhone now

Options
pb4072
pb4072
Community Member

When I press it, the key symbol simply glides up toward the top of the screen and, just stops! And stays there. I can't do anything with it.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried forcing 1Password to quit (double click the home button to reveal the multitasking screen and swipe 1Password up and off the top of the screen)? Then restart?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pb4072‌

I hope @hawkmoth's answer helps. If not please let us know. :)

• pb4072
    pb4072
    Community Member
    Options

This is very, very frustrating. Why should I have to type in my password every time I want to access 1Password on my iPhone?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Basically you shouldn't have to if you don't want to. It will all depend on what your settings are under 1P Settings > Security. If you tell us those (or even include a screen shot of them) we'll be able to help more.

Stephen

• pb4072
    pb4072
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted today for other reasons. And, Touch ID still doesn't work. Now it doesn't even offer me a choice. It just presents me with the password interface.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pb4072,

It looks like you started a second forum discussion for this same issue, so I merged them into the same thread. I'm sorry you're still having some difficulty with Touch ID and 1Password!

If you have the Touch ID feature enabled in 1Password, you should only be asked to enter your master password the first time you unlock it after restarting your iPhone (or if Touch ID authorization fails a few times in a row). So if you restarted your iPhone and needed to enter your master password to unlock 1Password, that's correct behavior.

However, if you are asked to enter your master password every time you unlock the 1Password app, it sounds like Touch ID is not enabled in the 1Password settings. Please make sure you've enabled Touch ID in 1Password by following these steps.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.