Mac/1Password 5 is missing items from keychain synched with Dropbox

Options
graniero
graniero
Community Member

To start off, I love and rely on 1Password. I started with 1Password 3, and I can’t imagine working without it. I bumped into my first - and unfortunately significant - problem. The half-day I’ve gone without it working properly has really confirmed for me how important it has become to my daily work flow.

I use 1Password on two MacBook Pros and my iPhone, synched via Dropbox. I have the technical details of the machines below.

I did a clean install of OS X 10 Yosemite on one of my MacBook Pros (called the “incorrect laptop” below), installed 1Password 5 on it (first time using 5), and imported my license. I also added the browser extension to Firefox 35. 1Password.agilekeychain lives in my Dropbox, in the top folder.

I immediately noticed that the number of items in the item list is incorrect.

I went searching in the forums to see if I could find a ready solution. I got excited when I saw the thread shown in the link below, since it described exactly the same problem. The folks at AgileBits moved the conversation offline, which makes a lot of sense as the discussion delved into the user’s details. However, I was very disappointed to see that nobody came back to add a final post to summarize the problem and its solution.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/29820/issue-with-dropbox-synch-number-of-items-dont-match-resolved-through-email

So, here I am contacting you with the same problem. I’m including all the details that I hope will help; let me know if you need anything else.

iPhone 5s:
iOS 8.1.2 (12B440)
1Password 5.1.2

“Correct Laptop”:
MacBook Pro 13”, Mid 2012
OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
1Password 4.4.3 (443000) from the Agile Web Store

“Incorrect Laptop”:
MacBook Pro 13”, Mid 2010
OS X 10.10.1
1Password 5.0.2 (502007) from the Agile Web Store

Here are the correct categories and counts, verified from:

• 1Password.html in the 1Password.agilkeychain on Dropbox
  • 1Password on the iPhone (for the categories that appear there)
  • 1Password 4 on the “Correct Laptop”

Logins: 126
Secure Notes: 5
Software Licenses: 15
Wallet: 9
Reward Programs: 2
Social Security Numbers: 5
Passports: 2
Passwords: 2
Trash: 36

Here are the categories and counts on the “incorrect laptop”:
Logins: 26
Secure Notes: 1
Software Licenses: 10
Social Security Numbers: 2
Trash: 1
The same counts appear in the Firefox extension (counted manually) on that MacBook.

Comments

• Hi @graniero,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

First of all, could you please confirm that you're syncing to the same .agilekeychain package in Dropbox on both computer? Please go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync to see the path of the keychain you are syncing with.

• graniero
    graniero
    Community Member
    Options

All devices were using the same .agilekeychain package.

Your saying "package" provided the necessary clue. I hadn't considered that the keychain would be a package rather than a single binary file. When I looked at the package contents I saw that they weren't complete and Dropbox was still syncing in there.

I worked out the problem that Dropbox was having (unrelated to 1Password). Once that was resolved and Dropbox was able to finish its sync on the computer (a day later), the keychain was complete and matched on all devices. Problem solved!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @graniero,

Thanks for letting us know how it worked out for you! I'm glad to hear things are syncing correctly now. If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.