Ctrl \ keyboard shortcut not working

Options

Windows 7, 1password 4.1.0.530, latest release versions of Chrome and Safari

In both browsers, the 1password extension is installed and enabled. In 1Password, Ctrl+\ is still defined as the shortcut.

When I manually go to a website where I have a 1password login setup, and I click Ctrl-\, nothing happens. When I put my cursor in the username field and click Ctrl-\ again, still nothing.

In Chrome, I can right-click in the username field, choose 1Password, then select the login and it fills it in. But Ctrl+\ does nothing.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry you're having that problem, @ranilev.

Is this a recent development?

What happens if you click on the 1Password icon in the browser's tool bar, rather than pressing Ctrl+\?

• ranilev
    ranilev
    Community Member
    Options

I had switched to another password manager for a few months and just switched back to 1password. This is the first time I've encountered this problem.

Clicking on the 1Pw icon in the tool bar works ok, it's just the Ctrl+\ that isn't working.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Have you tried any of the tips in the Ctrl+\ not working article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• ranilev
    ranilev
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I checked everything in that article before I posted.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Might you have used the Windows Region and Language control panel's Keyboards and Languages tab, where you can click the Change Keyboards button to display the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box and select a keyboard layout that might affect the function of the Ctrl key?

Does the Ctrl key work as expected in other scenarios?

What happens if you change the Login keyboard shortcut (on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences) to something that doesn't involve the Ctrl key?

• ranilev
    ranilev
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't done anything with the the Region and Language control panel, and the Ctrl key works just fine in all other programs and scenarios.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm nearly stumped, @ranilev. :(

Please try changing the Login keyboard shortcut (on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences) to see whether it makes any difference in the browser.

This discussion has been closed.