Can't purchase Pro Features [Known Issue, working on a fix]

Options
workharddieproud
workharddieproud
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

I've had this app now for a week and I can't purchase the Pro Features. Sometimes it'll pop up and say, Purchase Failed, 1Password wasn't able to complete your purchase. Please check your settings, make sure you're connected to the internet and try again. Or after several tries, it'll let me enter my Apple ID, but then it pops up saying, The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again. Now, the first time I actually did reset my Apple ID, thought maybe I got it wrong even though I new I didn't. Sooooo, naturally that DID NOT WORK. UNINSTALLED the app and downloaded it again from the Apple App Store and it still DIDN'T WORK. I've had an Iphone now for about 7 years so I'm NOT new to this, also have had my new Iphone 6 since October and have made other "In App Purchases" before.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @workharddieproud,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. This is a known issue that our developers are currently working to sort out. We have an update coming soon which will add some extra logging to our Diagnostics Reports that will give us some more detail on just where things are getting tangled up.

Thanks so much for your patience as we look for a solution here.

• mimi527
    mimi527
    Community Member
    Options

I did in app purchasae of PRO features and it has locked up that portion in settings and only partially downloaded the features. I've even backed up and reinstalled from app store as suggested. Still not working on IPAD Air.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@mimi527‌ for others reading this thread I'm flagging that you started a new thread about this here. Let's keep discussions about your problem in that thread to avoid confusion, please.

Stephen

• To summarize, the next update will contain the ability to collect more diagnostic information to solve the issue (if it still happens in the update). This update is coming soon. And yes, please only post to a single thread to make sure we see and respond in the appropriate place.

Thanks.

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    Options

I just want to add my comment to this thread since I am having the exact same problem with my wife's phone.
    When ever I try to purchase the upgrade, it tells me it fails. Yet she can purchase other apps from the app store just fine, both before and after the install of 1Password. The error that I see in the diagnostics looks like this:

Sat Jan 24 09:59:17 2015| 501204 [STORE:0x17006f1c0:] S updateTransaction: | Purchasing:
    Sat Jan 24 09:59:40 2015| 501204 [STORE:0x17006f1c0:] E updateTransaction: | Transaction failed: , error: Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" UserInfo=0x170261140 {NSLocalizedDescription=Cannot connect to iTunes Store}
    Sat Jan 24 09:59:40 2015| 501204 [ER_SUBSYSTEM:0x17006f1c0:] E appStore:completedPurchaseSuccessfully:error: | Error Domain=com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain Code=0 "Purchase Failed" UserInfo=0x17026cb00 {NSLocalizedRecoveryOptions=(
    OK
    ), NSLocalizedDescription=Purchase Failed, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=1Password wasn't able to complete your purchase. Please check your settings, make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.}

Here is some of the basic info from the logs so you have version info:
    System Summary

Name: Jamie Work iPhone
    Platform: iPhone 6 (N61AP)
    System: iPhone OS (8.1.2)
    CPU Count: 2
    Total Disk Space: 13 GB
    Free Disk Space: 11.53 GB
    Screen Scale: 2
    System Locale: en_US
    1Password Language Setting: English (en)
    1Password Details

Version: 5.1.2
    Revision: 501204 (N)
    Premium / Grandfathered: N / N

• Ben
    Options

Hi @splinna‌

We published 1Password 5.2 for iOS to the App Store today. I've heard a report from another customer that was having a similar issue that the update resolved this for them and they were able to purchase. Could you please give that a try for me?

Thanks!

• @splinna to add to what @bwoodruff‌ said, that user was able to purchase after turning TouchID for App Store purchases off. Note that we are still collecting information on this issue, so if it still does not work after trying it in the new release, please let us know.

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    Options

OK. I updated, and tried again and it still failed with the same messages. Deleted and restarted phone, re-installed and tried again. Still failed. Tried deleting all data and settings from options and tried again, still failed. I did NOT try turning touchID for appstore purchases off. I will try that next when my wife gets home from work.

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    Options

Tried again with touchid for purchases turned off and still no luck with the install. Not sure what else I can do unless there are specific step by step instructions you would like me to try.Tried again with touchid for purchases turned off and still no luck with the install. Not sure what else I can do unless there are specific step by step instructions you would like me to try.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @splinna,

Thanks for trying, I'm so sorry that things are still not working for you! Let's get some logs from your device:

• In 1Password, go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings
    • Enable the logs for In-App Purchase
    • Try to purchase the Pro features
    • Go back to the Diagnostics pane and tap 'Send Diagnostics'
    • When the email pane pops up, please include a brief description of the issue, and your forum username so that we can more quickly connect the dots.

After you've sent the email, you'll receive an automated response from our BitBot assistant with a ticket ID. Please post that number here so we can track down your Report and ensure that it is looked at quickly. :)

• workharddieproud
    workharddieproud
    Community Member
    Options

Still can't purchase Pro features. Even AFTER the update. Pop up says, can't find apple ID or you enter it in correctly, something like that. Had previously uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @workharddieproud‌

Thanks for checking in on us, I'm sorry that the update didn't get things working for you. Please follow my instructions above to enable logging and send us a Diagnostic Report.

• workharddieproud
    workharddieproud
    Community Member
    Options

I'd rather not do that and no offense, but how do I know what info is being sent to you?? And you all already know it's an issue, I just assume purchase a password keeper app that works.

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    Options

When my wife get's home from work tonight, I'll go ahead and get a log sent in ASAP. I really want to get this working, and am happy to help if it means getting it fixed for others. However, I also want a working app. Is there any other avenue to allow me to pay and get the pro features enabled?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@workharddieproud‌:

how do I know what info is being sent to you??

You can view the diagnostic report before it is sent. :) The whole point of sending the report is to provide AgileBits with a wealth of information that may help the company track down this irritating problem.

Stephen

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

OK, I actually sent two logs, so have two case numbers: YUS-91189-254, and FQV-85813-651. Thought I would try it twice just in case that might provide any slight differences in the logs that could be compared.

Unfortunately in my excitement to get these logs sent, I forgot the part about including a description of the issue and my Forum name..., Sorry.

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

So one thing I notice when I look at the log file from my wife's phone and compare it to a log file generated on my phone is that the original purchase date var is null. On my phone, this has the real purchase date, when I purchased it. The way the app was first installed on my wife's phone was through family sharing. I installed the app this way, and then tried the in-app purchase for the first time. when it failed then, I assumed it was because of something to do with family sharing... so I "removed my wife from my family", and frankly I can't recall ever getting message for 1Password saying the app was no longer shared as I did with the other apps installed this way... Could this be a clue to why the in app purchase is failing? Or just a red herring? When I go in to the app store on her phone, my only option is to re-download it from the cloud, not to "purchase" it, and the app store via itunes shows it as a valid $0.00 purchase for her appID.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @splinna

It appears one of our email based support folks are replying to you as I type this, so we'll continue the conversation there so as to not confuse things or duplicate efforts. Thanks!

Ben

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    Options

Well, this seems to have gone in to limbo now... Never got that update via email, and now nothing here either. We really need this to work....

• quester
    quester
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I also have this problem since the first time (end of November) I got this app.
    Thought, it might be a problem of the none recent iOS I was using.

But today I now have the most recent iOS and 1Password-Version on my 5S and still have the described problem (not able to purchase Pro with getting error message already mentioned).

I also tried logout from App-Store, logging in through 1Password into App-Store, with/without TouchID.....

So I sent you know also a log, and maybe you might solve the problem or provide a way to purchase through other tools/Browsers!
    Regards
    quester

• @quester ,

While we would love to provide an alternate way to do this, in-app purchases are handled exclusively by Apple so we are unable to do so. This thread has provided useful information so we hope to get to the bottom of it very soon.

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    Options

Waiting patiently - I still have not received any sort of follow-up from the case submission beyond a note from someone asking why I submitted log files....

• Ben
    Options

@splinna,

What is your ticket ID?

• splinna
    splinna
    Community Member
    Options

From my post up above, they are: YUS-91189-254, and FQV-85813-651 (I submitted two logs)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @splinna,

I'm sorry you didn't receive a reply to your email sooner! I just checked, and it looks like someone here responded a couple hours ago. The email correspondence should go a bit smoother now, and hopefully we'll have this all worked out very soon. Thanks so much for your patience!

ref: YUS-91189-254

• quester
    quester
    Community Member
    Options

Since this Problem exists for months, one simple question to evaluate the progress: are you at least able to reproduce it?!

Regards quester

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @quester,

In 1Password 5.2 for iOS we augmented the logging for IAP or in-app purchases to help better track what is happening. We are hoping to make progress as a result but it will probably take time. One of the error codes I've seen reported I can only find in relation to a dev environment so I personally don't understand why a customer is seeing it. I can only hope there is a lot more information available to Apple developers for them to work with and that it's hidden behind a login.

• psalvitti
    psalvitti
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello, what is the status of this? It's now March 5th and I still cannot unlock "Pro Features" ... product is still usable BUT very frustrated at the moment.

BTW: I'm using 1Password v5.2.1 on iPad IOS:8.1.3

• Ben
    Options

Hi @psalvitti,

I've just received word this morning from one of my colleagues that they were able to reproduce this issue. That is excellent news. Unfortunately I don't have more than that to report at the moment, but hopefully we'll see progress soon.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: OPI-1930

This discussion has been closed.