Erratic behavior on Firefox 35.0

1Password used to work flawlessly on my system but not anymore.
A while ago it started behaving erratically somehow and its Firefox extension is now almost useless.
Following are list of erratic behaviors on my system:

• Ctrl + \ does not invoke the auto-fill (it used to work, and its enabled in the options dialog.)

• Though I set "Lock after" to 30 minutes, the browser extension locks itself automatically in a few seconds after unlock. It's almost impossible to operate the menu in a few seconds.

• Sometimes 1Password button on the browser does not respond (nothing occurs when clicked), or very slow to respond (it takes five to ten seconds to display the menu or dialog.) Closing/reopening the browser sometimes restores its functionality, but after a while the button returns to unresponsive again.

• On majority of web sites I visit, 1Password does not prompt to save logins. In such cases, "Save new login" does not usually work either.

• Sometimes 1Password keeps displaying the save login prompt every few seconds while I'm filling in a web form. Extremely distracting.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the extension several times but the issues persist.
My system is Windows 7 64bit and Firefox 35.0. 1Password and its browser extension should be up-to-date.

I would be grateful if someone kindly advises me how to restore its healthy functionality again. Thanks.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

I'm sorry you're having those problems with the Firefox extension, @kaatan‌!

If you're willing to try, it'd be very helpful to know whether the same problems occur in Chrome 39 and Internet Explorer 11.

• kaatan
    kaatan
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick response, DBrown.

For just in case, I uninstalled Firefox completely including all profile information and re-installed it, but the following issues persist on this fresh Firefox:

• Browser extension locks itself after five to ten seconds, regardless of the setting in "Lock after", which I set to 30 minutes.

• Ctrl + \ takes long time (5 ~ 10 seconds) to invoke the extension, or does not invoke it at all.

FYI, on the latest version of Google Chrome, the extension appears to work just fine. So perhaps the extension is conflicting with the latest Firefox?

In any case the issue is quite frustrating because every time I login to a web site, first I must unlock the extension with the master password THEN I must select an applicable login credential. To be honest I started to regret purchasing 1Password...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Dev confirms that we're seeing new behavior in Firefox 35 and suggests using Chrome or Internet Explorer until we figure out what has changed.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

• kaatan
    kaatan
    Community Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm somewhat relieved by knowing that you guys are aware of the root of issues at least.
    Frequent update of Firefox screws up many extensions...but I am used to Firefox too much and cannot live with other browsers.
    So I'm looking forward to the updated 1Password extension to be released soon.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I understand, @kaatan. I feel a close and personal bond with Chrome. :)

Thanks for your patience!

• longtermuser
    longtermuser
    Community Member

Seeing the same issues. Am following this post to keep updated as to a fix. Firefox 35 on iMac 2014

• @longtermuser Which version of 1Password are you using? We added a fix for this in version 4.1.0.538.

Please open 1Password's preferences, switch to the 'Updates' tab and check for updates. You should see version 4.2.0.548 show up.
    After you installed it, the issue should be gone.

Oh and as a side note: Firefox is already available in version 36.

This discussion has been closed.