1 Password Crashes My iPhone 6 Plus!

Options
Woodruffs Dad
Woodruffs Dad
Community Member

Every time I open 1 Password on my iPhone 6+ the phone restarts i.e. black screen, then Apple logo etc.

It does this EVERY time so I can no longer use 1 Password on my iPhone.

Until this happened 1 Password would never fill the screen properly. The very bottom of the keyboard was always covered so very difficult to get at the numbers keyboard.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There have been other threads here about the crashing problem with the iPhone 6 and 6+. Try disabling zoomed mode and see if that helps to resolve the problem.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Woodruffs Dad

Hopefully @Stephen_C's suggestion helps. Please let us know.

• Woodruffs Dad
    Woodruffs Dad
    Community Member
    Options

I now cannot use my iPhone 6 Plus thanks to 1Password.

I tried to open 1Password today but only half of the keyboard appeared. Then I got the black screen with the Apple logo. When the phone came back on again the fonts, logos etc. were all huge and I cannot navigate anywhere on the phone top put it right.

I think I will ditch 1Password in favour of another similar app if ever I am able to use my iPhone again!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Woodruffs Dad - Did you try disabling zoom mode on your iPhone?

• sheldonsmith
    sheldonsmith
    Community Member
    Options

Where is Zoomed Mode located in settings?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

General > Accessibility > Zoom > Off

Edit: or, Settings > Display & Brightness > View. Then switch to Standard.

• Woodruffs Dad
    Woodruffs Dad
    Community Member
    Options

I am unable to disable zoom mode because, as I stated above, " When the phone came back on again the fonts, logos etc. were all huge and I cannot navigate anywhere on the phone top put it right." I can't get at Settings and I can't even log in to my own phone because the icons are so huge.

• Woodruffs Dad
    Woodruffs Dad
    Community Member
    Options

I've done it. I got help from the Mac4Mac forum. Double tap screen with 3 fingers and zoom is toggled on and off.

I may well now remove 1Password from my iPhone as I can't put up with this happening continually.

• ivanr
    ivanr
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. iPhone 6 plus w 128gb. 1password crashes phone. No other apps show this issue. Disabling zoom appears to help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Woodruffs Dad,

Double tap screen with 3 fingers and zoom is toggled on and off.

This is actually part of a different "Zoom" setting on iOS devices, and has nothing to do with 1Password. From your description, that Zoom feature is actually working correctly, but I can see how it would be very confusing if you're not familiar with using it. If you don't want to zoom or un-zoom the screen by double-tapping with 3 fingers, you'll likely want to turn this feature off. You can do that in the iOS Settings app, under General > Accessibility > Zoom. Again, this is an iOS setting that affects the display of your device in general, and has nothing to do specifically with 1Password.

Now, if you disable that Zoom feature, but still have a problem with 1Password crashing/restarting the iPhone, this is an issue our developers are aware of and trying to fix. It can happen when Zoomed mode is enabled on an iPhone 6 Plus. (This is a completely separate feature on an iPhone 6 Plus, but it's confusing because Apple uses the word "zoom" for both features.) For now, as a workaround, open the Settings app and go to Display & Brightness > Display Zoom, and change it back to Standard. Once you do that, 1Password should work correctly - but please let us know if you still run into problems after doing that.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion about those settings, and helps avoid the problem. If you need more help with that, please let us know!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just wanted to pop in here to give everyone an update (literally!)

1Password for iOS version 5.3 is now available on the App Store, and it includes fixes for many of the issues some customers have been experiencing on the iPhone 6 Plus in particular. Please let us know if the update helps, or if you're still having having any issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.