allow 1Password to install font?

Options

I am using 1Password with the latest version of Firefox, on MacOS 10.6.8. (I also use 1Password on my iPad.) On the Mac I received a pop-up window:

"1PasswordThumbs.app wants to use the font "Open Sans Regular." This font is not installed. Allow 1PasswordThumbs.app to use this font?"

Is this a security issue? Should I allow or not, and what are the consequences either way?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What version of 1P are you using on your Mac, please?

Stephen

• WLVA
    WLVA
    Community Member
    Options

Version 3.8.22 (build 32010). When I check for updates within the Mac app, 1Password reports that it is up to date.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@WLVA‌ I've moved your post to the 1P3 forum, where you will get more help.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WLVA,

"1PasswordThumbs.app wants to use the font "Open Sans Regular." This font is not installed. Allow 1PasswordThumbs.app to use this font?"

The 1PasswordThumbs.app is what we used to generate rich icons in 1Password 3. So you can allow this process, it's not doing anything sneaky.

Version 3.8.22 (build 32010). When I check for updates within the Mac app, 1Password reports that it is up to date.

1Password 3 version 3.8.22 is the latest version for the OS that you are running. 1Password 4 and 1Password 5 are available, but they require Mavericks (for v4) and Yosemite (for v5). When you decide to upgrade your operating system, there are some shiny new 1Password features waiting for you. ;)

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

• WLVA
    WLVA
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan‌, thank you very much for the information!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WLVA,

Happy to help! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.