1Password has lost most of my passwords. Data backup looks intact.

Options
tasshroll
tasshroll
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

Dear Password Support:

I have been waiting 6 days for an answer to my 1Password Problem. I've sent an email to the online support address listed for 1Password and an email to support for 1PasswordAnywhere in regards to "lost" passwords that occured on 1/17/15. These are my support IDs. I have heard nothing in 6 days.

[#SDQ-63189-929] 1Password 4.1.0.530 error report

[#WLX-44568-611] 1PasswordAnywhere Problem

I will outline the problem here again in the hopes that I can get some help.

On 1/17/15 I added several new passwords to my vault on 1Password through my Windows PC. I am running the latest version of 1Password for Windows = 4.1.0.530 and the most recent version on my iphone 6.

I had trouble and noticed that the new passwords I had added were not syncing to my iphone. I tried SYNC NOW on my iphone from the 1password app but it just idled. The Sync hadn’t occurred in several months. So on my phone 6 I removed Dropbox and 1Password and re-installed to force a new setup. It worked (all the new passwords I had added were there) but then I added more passwords on my PC and they wouldn’t sync on my iphone 6. So I removed and added the app again. I received a Dropbox 404 error on my iphone. I waited several hours (saw some threads on the internet to do this) and came back.

Now, On my computer, 1Password has “lost” my items in the vault after I was away from my machine. I only use one vault. When I navigate on my PC 1Passwordagilekeychain / data / default I can see that several files are still here with today’s date (over 20 of them which I assume are all my modifications today).

I tried 1PasswordAnywhere from my PC using Chrome (my default) and this came up. "Problem loading 1Password data file. A key data file could not be loaded and 1 PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it." - encryptionKeys.js was flagged

I verified that I have read/write access to encryptionKeys.js file located in 1Passwordagilekeychain / data / default.

So I then ran 1PasswordAnywhere from Internet Explorer and this came up:

Please let us know what you were doing when this problem occurred. 
   Error details: 
   Error occurred in undefined on line #undefined: 
   Access is denied. 
   You are running 1PasswordAnywhere version #001 

My latest backup shows I have 129 items but when I open the program on my PC I only have 17 items. The same 17 are synced to my iphone. I verified that my Dropbox is working by adding another file to it and it appears on dropbox.com and also on my iphone so I don’t believe Dropbox is the problem.

I REALLY need help to resolve this. I do not have all my passwords written down and can't access several on-line accounts because 1Password had generated them. This issue has chewed up hours of my time already. I am happy to send another diagnostic report.

Thank you,
Tifni Shroll

This is the rest of the diagnostic report I ran from my pc:

Application:

-------------------------------------------------------

1.1 Start Date : Sat, 17 Jan 2015 17:37:19 -0700

1.2 Name/Description: 1Password.exe - (1Password)

1.3 Version Number : 4.1.0.530

1.4 Parameters :

1.5 Compilation Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 02:43:08 -0700

1.6 Up Time : 43 minutes, 4 seconds

Computer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.1 Name : TIFNI-PC

5.2 Total Memory : 16335 Mb

5.3 Free Memory : 12471 Mb

5.4 Total Disk : 697.42 Gb

5.5 Free Disk : 119.36 Gb

5.6 System Up Time: 44 minutes, 51 seconds

5.7 Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

5.8 Display Mode : 1920 x 1080, 32 bit

5.9 Display DPI : 120

5.10 Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (driver 8.850.0.0 - RAM 1024 MB)

5.11 Printer : KONICA MINOLTA mc1650EN PS PPD (driver 6.1.7600.16385)

Operating System:

--------------------------------------------

6.1 Type : Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit)

6.2 Build # : 7601

6.3 Update : Service Pack 1

6.4 Language: English

6.5 Charset : 0

Custom Information:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.1 1Password Vault : C:\Users\Tifni\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

8.2 Dropbox installed : Yes

8.3 Dropbox directory : C:\Users\Tifni\Dropbox\

8.4 .ws.agile.1Password.settings: Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

8.5 License : C:\Users\Tifni\AppData\Roaming\AgileBits\OPW4.license

8.6 License key : [Edited by MikeT to delete the license key]

8.7 License status : SUCCESS

8.8 Internet Explorer : C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

8.9 Internet Explorer version : 11.00.9600.16428

8.10 Internet Explorer extension: Installed

8.11 Mozilla Firefox : does not exist.

8.12 Mozilla Firefox extension : Not installed

8.13 Google Chrome : C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

8.14 Google Chrome version : 39.0.2171.99

8.15 Google Chrome extension : Installed (version 4.2.5.90)

8.16 Apple Safari : does not exist.

8.17 Apple Safari extension : Not installed

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

@tasshroll‌, I'm sorry you're having a problem with syncing.

Let me mention that the two issues with 1PasswordAnywhere are related to your attempting to open it on your local drive. As explained in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, it's intended to be opened on a remote site, such as your private dropbox.com web site. Please let us know if you have similar problems opening it there.

As for the sync issue: your diagnostic report shows 1Password for Windows is using the correct Dropbox-synced vault, and you've proven that Dropbox is syncing as expected, so that leaves 1Password for iOS. For that reason, I'm moving your question to the 1Password for iOS forum, where it'll get the attention of staff and fellow forum members better acquainted with troubleshooting that product.

• tasshroll
    tasshroll
    Community Member
    Options

So, can someone here help me?

• tasshroll
    tasshroll
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

So my backup has 129 encrypted items but 1Password only displays 17 on my PC. How do I force 1P to restore to the backup with 129 items. Most are lost and I can't get to important accounts. Help! I believe this is a 1password for windows problem.

• tasshroll
    tasshroll
    Community Member
    Options

So now it's been 9 days since I could access 1 Password. I was hoping for some direction from you team at 1Password for IOS or 1Password for Windows. I think I need to restore the data base from a backup located in c:users/name/my docs/1password/backups. It shows 143 items. Do I just follow the steps here?:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/backup-tab

Will Dropbox be updated correctly? THank you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Those are the correct steps for restoring from a 1Password 4 for Windows backup, @tasshroll‌.

Note that item counts may vary, especially among the various platforms, because of differences in the way deleted items are counted (along with other reasons, as I recall). I wouldn't have expected them to vary as much as 17 vs. 129, though, especially if you can identify items that are present in 1Password on one platform and not on the other, and you're sure you're using the same vault (.agilekeychain folder) on all platforms.

I believe someone is working with you in our e-mail support system, as well, so I hope we'll have an answer for you soon. Thanks so much for your patience!

• I understand that your issue is being handled via email support. This is probably the best place for that. Please don't hesitate to post again if you have any other issues.

Cheers!

ref: SDQ-63189-929

This discussion has been closed.