Dropbox's new arrival

thightower
thightower
Community Member
edited December 1969 in Lounge
For those who have been watching for a very special beta build its in the DB forums. Can we say selective... I said to much already if your interested check out the DB forums.

(clap)

Remember this is beta, can I stress it more, make a backup of all you data for safe keeping if you interested.

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    thightower wrote:
    For those who have been watching for a very special beta build its in the DB forums. Can we say selective... I said to much already if your interested check out the DB forums.

(clap)

Remember this is beta, can I stress it more, make a backup of all you data for safe keeping if you interested.

Wow oh wow. I've been waiting for this for a while…as if I'm the only one… :-D

Thanks for the heads up, Tommy!
  • SithToast
    SithToast
    Community Member
    I never knew where to get the dropbox betas until now, thanks :v
  • SithToast wrote:

I never knew where to get the dropbox betas until now, thanks :v

Same. Thanks!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    tianh wrote:

Same. Thanks!

Yep they are really cool currently thelatest beta .8.92 (as of this writing ) includes selective sync. Standard warnings apply always make a backup of your data before running any beta apps. Incidentally I have been running every beta since late in the .6.xx branch. I have had a few hiccups but never lost data, but its always best to err on the side of safety.
  • I bought a new MBP and of course, one of the first applications that I installed was Dropbox. The first thing I noticed was that over 700MB of files were done syncing in matter of minutes. That was not normal but I forgot that my other MBP was still up and running. I hovered my mouse over the Dropbox's icon and it did say it was transferring over LAN.

Dropbox + local sync + selective sync = FTW!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    A computer without Dropbox is like pants without a belt. You can do it, but why?! :-)
This discussion has been closed.