1Password will not update nor Sync

I have 1Password Version 3.8.21 (build 32009). I have been trying to install the latest update for a couple of months but it will not install. I get the following message: An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again.

It has also stopped syncing to my other computer and to my iOS device (iPhone 6).

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@RodneyBedsole‌ I have moved your post to the 1P3 forum because you are using that version and will get more help here.

Please in any event tell us how you are trying to sync and the version numbers of 1P you are using on your iPhone and your other computer.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RodneyBedsole‌

I have been trying to install the latest update for a couple of months but it will not install. I get the following message: An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again.

Please try this:

• Fully quit 1Password.
    • Go to our downloads page and download a fresh copy of 1Password (scroll to the bottom of the page for the Legacy versions.
    • Drag the new copy into the /Applications folder and replace the existing one.
    • Please note: do not use any app cleaners in this process!

This should get the update installed correctly.

It has also stopped syncing to my other computer and to my iOS device (iPhone 6).

As Stephen_C mentions, we'll need to know the version number of 1Password and your iOS, as well as how you are attempting to sync. The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get to the bottom of things.

This discussion has been closed.