One time password bug?

Options
prime
prime
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

So I got my one time password set up, and I wanted to move the order of the sections so they made more sense to me. So I moved the one time password up and as I hit done, it duplicated the one time password section and called it "conflict". So I hit edit again to delete it, and it made a 3rd duplication. By the time I was done, I had 4 one time passwords for dropbox. One of them was in the one time password section, and the other 3 were under this "conflict" section.

To fix this, I logged onto dropbox and was all set to re-do the one time password. I deleted all of them in 1Password and just started over.

I thought I would give you all a heads up about this.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@prime‌

You may find my post about saving 2 Factor Authentication setups interesting. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/35314/help-with-using-one-time-password#latest

Also sent this to you in a PM

• Thanks @thightower‌ !

@prime, we'll look into this sync conflict issue. Thanks!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@hayesk if you need a screen shot to show what I am talking about, I can probably do this again to help you guys out.

It wasn't a sync issue (I don't think), but I had on my log in for Dropbox showing a total of 4 one time passwords running at the same time on the same log in, 3 of them under a catogory called "conflicts". This was after I tried re-arranging the categories. If this makes sence haha.

• markgthomas
    markgthomas
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing this issue, and have as many as 30 of these under the conflicts section. Every attempt to delete one creates even more. Turning off sync and deleting them, then re-enabling sync just brought them back.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@marksgthomas I fix this by 1st logging into the site that I have the issue with (Dropbox for me). Once I was logged in and at the security settings for the 2 step verification of the website, I deleted the section "one time password" then I deleted that others, assuming it's under "conflicts" like I saw with mine. I saved it from there, then edit that log in again in 1Password, and re-added the one time password. For Dropbox it's pretty easy. I just clicked on edit for the app under the 2 step verification, and followed the instructions.

This worked for me.

• @prime, a screenshot would he helpful, as long as it's test data in the screenshot. We don't want you to post your real username or password data. ;-) If you can't, that's ok, we'll still look into the issue.

ref: OPI-2249

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@hayesk‌ The 1st picture is how I normally have it set up. The "back up password" is the recovery password and I wanted to move the One Time Password section above it.

The 2nd picture is what happens when I move it and each time I try to delete the conflicts section, another One Time Password appears in it.

I just did awesome photoshopping to remove any info ;)

• Thanks for that screenshot. We are investigating and working on fixing this issue now. It will come in a future update.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@hayesk not a problem! Happy to help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@hayesk and @Drew_AG
    I was messing with my daughters 1Password, I didn't have the One Time Password set up, and had the same issue. I moved some sections around and got that "conflict" section again. Now they did involve passwords (recovery) also, but I thought I would give you guys the heads up.

• Thanks, @prime!

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

I had a different problem .. I created the OTP in 1P, then read that it would be a good idea to screen copy the OTP QR Code image and save that in 1Password as well .. So I disabled and reenabled OTP in Dropbox, Evernote and Google. I Rescanned the QR code image in 1P (using the existing OTP section), and saved the QRcode image .. Turned out that Evernote was not accepting my OTP from 1P. So today, I disabled and reenabled 2 Factor in the 3 services, Scanned the QR code in 1P AND Authy and saved the QR code image in 1P. Verified that 1P and Authy displayed the same OTP code for the 3 services. Just looked and 1P and Authy were no longer in sync in each of the services. I rescanned the QR code into 1P and the code was again in sync with Authy .. until the next 1P sync (Via Dropbox). What I just found out is that I needed to DELETE the OTP section in 1P .. I waited for this change to sync with my other devices, then re-added the OTP section and scanned the QR code that I saved. Waited until that synced and verified that 1P was again in sync with Authy. So it appears that the 1P sync for OTP is not going correctly across all the devices .. unless you delete and re-add the OTP section.

• Ben
    Options

Interesting. I'm not sure why that makes a difference, but I'll be sure to let our developers know about it.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

It was easily producible .. I had 1P on the iPhone and iPad opened to let's say .. evernote .. both were showing the same but wrong OTP code. I edited evernote on the iPhone and scanned the QR code on the iPhone (without deleting the OTP section in 1P) which then changed the OTP code to the same code as Authy .. 1P on the iPad was still showing the wrong code. When 1P synced a minute later (via Dropbox), the wrong code on the iPad was synced to the iPhone and both again were showing the wrong code.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional details @rr0ss0rr! I'll let our developers know.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure whats going on .. I went to log into evernote today, and the Evernote OTP section in 1P on the iPhone was gone. Dropbox and Google were fine. You have a SERIOUS syncing issue with the OTP which can have disastrous affects logging into one of these services. Thank goodness, I still have the codes in Authy and the QR Image in 1P. I rescanned the QR code on the iPhone ....

AND .. 1 minute later, It's gone again on the iPhone

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

I scanned the QR ode on the iPad instead of the iPhone and 1 minute later, gone as well

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rr0ss0rr,

I can't say I recall hearing any other reports of such a thing. Could you please try creating a new login item for Evernote, adding the TOTP to it, and see if the problem persists with the new login?

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

It happened on all 3 - evernote, dropbox and google .. looks like it only happens when you attempt to replace the OTP code.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rr0ss0rr,

I've been talking to the iOS devs and I believe we will be shortly releasing a small update to correct a couple of bugs relating to this. I don't know the exact timeline as with every iOS app, there is a process to go through that includes a review by Apple. Hopefully this update will sort out your issues but please do keep us informed.

• rr0ss0rr
    rr0ss0rr
    Community Member
    Options

Good to hear .. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of littlebobbytables you are very welcome!

This discussion has been closed.