Mac Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63

Options

trying to find out how to sync with 1password3 to iCloud. There is no sync under preferences ?! I believe syncing with iCloud is the only option to sync data with multiple devices . Help is the correct?!

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@glutenchef‌

1Password 3 will not sync to iCloud. iCloud sync was rewrite to take advantage of features in Yosemite.

You best option for multiple devices would be most likely Dropbox sync. The FAQ below has more details and followup links.

iCloud FAQ https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/cloudkit-faq

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

But didn't the change in the Dropbox API in September, 2013, close off Dropbox sync to 1Password 3?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hawkmoth‌

The Dropbox API is used specifically by the iOS app. On the Mac we let the Dropbox service do all of the work for us. What it means is 1Password for iPhone (AKA v3 for iOS) can only sync using Wi-Fi and then only to 1Password 3 for Mac. 1Password 3 for Mac however can move its .agilekeychain to Dropbox (its version of syncing) and allow a copy of 1Password 3 for Mac to work with 1Password 4 and 5 on other machines.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I need to bookmark this so I don't repeat this miss-memory.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

@hawkmoth‌

It was a very valid point. I appreciate it. I had not thought of the OP using iOS devices. On thats Dropbox sync has been sunset. Thanks for the assist.

• MikeT
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi guys,

1Password 3 never supported iCloud, 1Password 4 was the first to use iCloud.

@glutenchef, 1Password 3 supports Dropbox only for Macs (iOS is not supported) or Wi-Fi sync to 1Password 3 for iOS.

Can you tell us more about your other devices? It would help us figure out the best way to get them all sync'ed up.

PS: I've moved this to 1Password 3 for Mac forum.

This discussion has been closed.