1Password Accepts Master Password But Does Not Open on iPad Air With Split Keyboard

josephwix
josephwix
Community Member

iPad Air 1 with iOS 8.1.2, running 1P 5.2.

If I type in the password with a split keyboard, it will accept it and say "Unlocked," but the "vault" will never open - it just stays on this screen.

If I type in the password with a normal keyboard, but then split it before clicking "Done," it will get stuck then, too.

If I type in the password using a split keyboard, but then merge and dock it before clicking "Done," then it will let me in.

I looked around and saw other posts about people's keyboards not working or appearing right when undocked or split, but didn't think I saw this.

I've been having this problem since before 1P 5.2.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @josephwix,

It sounds like you're describing a bug that was fixed in 1Password several updates ago. I've asked some others here to try the same thing on their iPads with the same configuration, but they're not able to reproduce the problem at all. Are there any other details you can give us that might help to recreate the issue?

Also, I wonder if you might try installing Apple's recent iOS update for 8.1.3 (if it is available for you). You can check that from the Settings app under General > Software Update. If you can install that update, does it make a difference as far as the split keyboard issue?

Can you also double-check to make sure you're using 1Password version 5.2? In the 1Password app, the exact version can be found on the Settings screen, right below Recommend 1Password.

Thanks! :)

• josephwix
    josephwix
    Community Member

@Drew_AG, thanks a lot. The update to iOS 8.1.3 did it (seemingly)!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem @josephwix, I'm glad that worked! :)

This discussion has been closed.