Installing on new Macbook Pro

Snosrap
Snosrap
Community Member

I have 1Password installed in all my Apple devices and have just replaced my ageing Macbook Air. I am trying to install 1Password onto my new Macbook Pro with no luck at all. it is an Apple App purchase and I have checked the Apple ID it was originally purchased with (in Sept 2013)and this is correct; I have looked for and found the original purchase history. when I try to download from App store it wants me to use another Apple ID linked to an old me.com address and when I correct this it says "Unknown Error". Can you supply me with a solution or an licence number? Thanks

Comments

• Hi @Snosrap,

Yes, we can give you a license to use the website version instead. Can you email us your purchase to support+forum@agilebits.com and let me know when you've done that, so we can look into getting you that license.

Thanks!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

However, if Agile lets you have their version you won't be able to use iCloud sync, which may or may not be relevant to you.

You could also try to get Apple to solve the issue with the App Store, Agile can't do that. The error you mention might crop up with other purchases, so iy would be useful for you to get it solved.

What did you actually do to try to correct the App Store issue? You might be missing a step.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@danco is quite correct on both parts. At some point I'm sure you'll wish to resolve the problems with your Apple ID anyway but at least for now you have options in regards to 1Password.

• Snosrap
    Snosrap
    Community Member

Thanks to you all for responding. I have been onto Apple support this pm and they have resolved a conflict between my iTunes primary ID and an old me.com Apple ID address which was blocking access to AppStore. I have now managed to download 1Password from the iTunes store as a previous purchase and will install later. Again thanks to you all.

• Awesome! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out with Apple. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.