Question regarding 1password AppStore

rczerny
rczerny
Community Member

Dear 1password team!
I am currently thinking about buying 1password, as it seems to be the best solution for Mac at the moment. Now there is the possibility to get a small discount in the normal online store (e.g. educational, coupons, ...). However, there does not seem to be anything like an educational discount for the Mac App Store version and I would love to sync my passwords over iCloud. Is there a possibility for a "49,99 € is too painful" student to get something like an educational discount?
Thank you very much!
Best regards,
René Czerny

Comments

• Hi @rczerny,

It's not possible for use to offer special discounts, such as the education discount, on the Mac App Store. Sorry!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There are sales come times, and I think the sales apply to the App Store as well as direct. But no knowing when there will be a sale.

• rczerny
    rczerny
    Community Member

Hello and thank you for your answers @JasperP and @danco !
    This is too bad... I'm afraid you just lost me as a customer, as I really can't afford to spend 50 bucks on this...
    Bye bye!

Cheers, René

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry you feel that way @rczerny

Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) is outside of our control, we can't offer individuals a discount like we can on our store simply because the feature doesn't exist in MAS or iTunes for that matter. If you decide iCloud isn't a deal breaker then we can be flexible because our store is under our control.

This discussion has been closed.