Find an old login: don't want to restore the whole file from backup

Options
yknot
yknot
Community Member

Hi, for some kind of reason I can no longer access a website because the Userid I used to input with 1password has suddenly disappeared.
Can I get into a backup file and look it up? I don't want to restore the entire database as I don't know what's been added/changed in the meantime. Thanks!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yknot

Sorry, there isn't a way to just view the contents of a backup like you're asking for. What you can do though is restore the old backup, find what you're looking for and then restore the newest backup. A little clunkier but it will work.

For peace of mind what you can do is manually create a backup of your vaults as they are using the Backup Now button in the Backup tab. If you're really concerned you can use the Show Files button to open a Finder window at the location of the backup files and you can copy that new backup to your Desktop.

After you've gone through all the steps and restored your current vault back you will want to review your Sync state. Restoring a backup disables sync as a safety feature so you'll need to re-enable it where appropriate.

If you have any questions regarding any of this or would like the steps described in more detail please do ask.

• yknot
    yknot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks littlebobbytables! will try one of these and keep you posted!

• yknot
    yknot
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! Looks like it worked! wondering if the issue comes from the fact that it looks like I have to 1password files in my dropbox....In any case: you're a savior! Much appreciated.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm just happy to hear everything is good @yknot :smile:

I'll be hoping everything runs smoothly for you from now on but if you have any other questions or issues you know where we are!

This discussion has been closed.