1Password 5.x update crashes after install in Yosemite 10.10.2

Options
DerringDo
DerringDo
Community Member

Rather than continue to append to this previous thread (below), I decided to start another one, with the same issue
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/35638/1password-fails-to-load-after-software-update#latest

I got the pop-up to update my 5.x version of 1Password, running on Yosemite 10.10.1 which seemed to complete. However, when I tried to access it, I received this message:

"1Password 5 cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure 1Password 5 works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X."

I have sent a Diagnostic Report to your support email. This is clearly a problem that more than a few people are experiencing. Thank you for your assistance.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please see my suggestion in response to your other post in the other thread...and please don't post in multiple threads on the same issue as it just makes support more difficult (you won't be sure which thread has the answer and we'll end up having to post twice :) ).

Stephen

• DerringDo
    DerringDo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try that soon.

As that was someone else's original thread, I'll just leave mine here, so AB can see this is an issue with multiple people in trouble.

Thanks again for the help.

• DerringDo
    DerringDo
    Community Member
    Options

To shutdown this thread, Stephen's advice solved the scary issue. I hope others don't run into this, but if they do, it's a painless repair.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DerringDo Painless yes but only after you know the corrective method. I will prod others about this as scaring people isn't the intent.

This discussion has been closed.