many problems

jaynewachs
jaynewachs
Community Member

I've had 1password since 2010. I am having so many issues that I'm ready to print out my passwords and quit it now. 1) the updates never go through. 2) It always pops up that my 'license has expired'. I have paid again on 1/ 25/15, thinking this would straighten it all out. It used to be so easy :(

Comments

• jaynewachs
    jaynewachs
    Community Member

What do you mean 'body is required' ?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You need to explain more fully in order for us to help:

What version of 1P are you using (go to 1P > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there) and what is your OS X version?

the updates never go through

What do you mean? What exactly happens when there is an update? Are you downloading updates from the Mac App Store or direct from the AgileBits store?

It always pops up that my 'license has expired'.

Have you read this sticky right at the top of the forum? If so, does it help?

What do you mean 'body is required' ?

Are you referring to the error message you get when you try to post a blank post on the forum here? If not, when do you get the message?

Please answer all of these questions so we can help you sort out your problems.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jaynewachs

I know we've had a couple of updates where a percentage of our users experienced issues with it being downloaded automatically but I genuinely did believe that was behind us now. Are you saying you experienced troubles downloading version 5.1?

As for your second issue. Given that the copies of 1Password have a trial period built into them, the user will need to inform the software when they've purchased a licence, simply receiving the email isn't enough. With 1Password 3 it was a licence code you could copy and paste, with 1Password 4/5 it's a licence file that you download and add.

This should help.

Have you tried re-applying your licence file?

In your case I'd try simply reapply your existing licence file and see if that sorts out the blip. If you don't have the original email or licence file then you can request it to be resent via this page.

For 1Password 4/5 you will need to download your licence file from a link in the email and it should look a little like this:

1Password 5 for Mac

Name: littlebobbytables

Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license

Notes:

No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

Obviously I've stripped out the last two links as those are unique to the licensee. If you're viewing the email from within googlemail at all you may very well find the second URL is stripped out - thank you gmail :\

The second or third link though should allow you to download your licence file so while we haven't attached the licence file, the information needed to obtain it should be contained within.

If you're still having troubles post back here and we can look into it more for you.

This discussion has been closed.