Help - I've got two 1Password iCloud documents holding my passwords

Options
Shmoo2015
Shmoo2015
Community Member

As you can see in the screenshot, I've got two iCloud documents holding my passwords.

I think this happened when I upgraded my 2011 iMac to Yosemite while my older 2007 iMac kept running on Mavericks. Today I bought a new Mac mini that will replace the 2007 older iMac so I downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store, it automatically found the iCloud sync but not all my passwords are inside 1Password at this moment.

I'm missing most of my passwords I added to 1Password.app from my 2007 iMac for the last few months. How can I merge both iCloud sync. files together without losing my passwords?

:o

Comments

• Shmoo2015
    Shmoo2015
    Community Member
    Options

For the person(s) who have the same issue,

Go to your older computer, log-in to 1Password and choose from the menubar at the top > File > Export > everything.
    This will create a folder Password folder within a data.1pif file this file will hold all your information so be careful shipping it around.

Transfer that export file to your new Mac running 1Password 5+ and double click on the data.1pif file this will open 1Password if it's not open already and ask you to import the data.
    Click accept and all your old data is there..

--

Right now we have to figure out which of the iCloud sync. files (screenshot) can get deleted because it belongs to the old Mac running an older 1Password.
    I guess since the bottom version just changed file size that's the one I'm using right now so I can delete the file at the top.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Shmoo2015

Personally, if it's just the two machines I'd say disable iCloud Sync on both, delete both entries and then restart iCloud Sync afterwards. That way you know it's all clean and that nothing terrible should be possible.

This discussion has been closed.