1Password crashes after update and will not open [Known issue, see post #12 for fix steps]

Options
choralsinger
choralsinger
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

I performed the upgrade for 1Password 5 and it crashed and now won't open. What can I do?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm pinging @MikeT, who is working on this issue and would like your help before you do anything else.

• eefreeman
    eefreeman
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Using OS X Yosemite, 10.10.2. Have tried reinstalling and the download crashes immediately.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please wait for a response from @MikeT. He's very keen to get crash logs and isolate this issue.

Stephen

• jwvincent2
    jwvincent2
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar issue, Unfortunately there will be no way to send a log since I can't even access the app. the login isn't even appearing for me. The picture of the vault shows up and raises to the top of screen but no password field or Touch ID prompt appears.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@jwvincent2 - You seem to be talking about the iOS version, since you refer to Touch ID. Is that correct? If so, we should move your report to the iOS section of the forum.

• jackjames
    jackjames
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this issue too. Is there a fix yet? Any info I can give you which might help?
    Ta

• dgibbs0627
    dgibbs0627
    Community Member
    Options

Updated and Downloaded the most recent version of 1password for Mac. Running 10.10.2 late version. Can not open get this message. Keeps crashing
    Process: 1Password 5 [828]
    Path: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 5
    Identifier: com.agilebits.onepassword4
    Version: ???
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: 1Password 5 [828]
    User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2015-02-02 07:52:34.878 -0800
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.2 (14C109)
    Report Version: 11

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT and the AgileBits team are working on problems like this. I'm going to suggest waiting to hear back from a member of the AgileBits team before doing anything.

• neywen
    neywen
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

hello, if that helps, I have the same problem.
    Juste updated for the new version through the OnePassword update program, and now the app crashes at startup every time. I can't run the app anymore for now.

My setup : mac book pro retina 15, osx 10.10.2

Here are the logs for crash :

Process: 1Password 5 [6892]
    Responsible: 1Password 5 [6892]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-02-02 18:37:34.875 +0100
    Anonymous UUID: 404C178A-8C7E-CC42-4A72-2B86D23CBFA2

Sleep/Wake UUID: EFE3199C-3971-4B1D-9C6F-C2B02380A2BB

Time Awake Since Boot: 11000 seconds
    Time Since Wake: 1900 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: @loader_path/Frameworks/CrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporter
    Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK
    Reason: image not found

cheers,
    neywen.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

@neywen please send a private message to @MikeT. He's collecting information to isolate this error and will also tell you how to resolve it.

Edit: If you link to this thread in the PM it will save you having to type out all the information again in the PM.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi everyone ( @choralsinger, @eefreeman, and @jackjames ),

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately! Mike's on his weekend today, so I promise he's not ignoring you. Just relaxing a bit.

To get 1Password back up and running:

• Remove the 1Password application by dragging it to the trash.
      Do not use an app cleaner as they can also remove your data (passwords) and we do not want that.

• Reboot your computer

• Download a new copy from our downloads page

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions!

ref: OPM-2566

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dgibbs0627 and @neywen ,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble here. I've merged your post with an existing discussion on this issue. Please refer to my comment above for instructions.

• Hi guys,

I've replies to the messages, it is identical to Megan's instruction but avoids the part about emailing since the zip file is too large. You'll need to upload it to the cloud storage, something like putting it in a Dropbox folder and sharing it with us.

Thanks!

• nut4wine
    nut4wine
    Community Member
    Options

The steps in post #12 worked for me (I was having the same problem with iPassword 5 crashing on startup and not working with browsers). It was an easy fix and no data lost (this time), but this seems to be a systemic problem with 1Password5. We all count on you a lot, let's be a little more careful, next time, okay? :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nut4wine,

Thanks for confirming those steps worked for you! Our developers are definitely looking into this issue so they can hopefully prevent it from happening again with future updates. My understanding is that it's a tricky one to track down and not easily reproducible on our end, which is why we're asking some users to send us the files described in post #12. Hopefully they'll squash this one soon!

If you need anything else, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

• bigshoe9
    bigshoe9
    Community Member
    Options

Since i did the recent 1Password 5 update, it WILL NOT OPEN? please help...

I use a mac book pro & 1Password 5

Here is the error message i get: (also take a loot at my screen grab)
    Process: 1Password 5 [425]
    Responsible: 1Password 5 [425]
    User ID: 503

Date/Time: 2015-02-03 13:43:31.209 -0500
    Anonymous UUID: 19BDC425-EE35-EEF2-A1B3-4F85C9B3A83D

Time Awake Since Boot: 140 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded: @loader_path/Frameworks/CrashReporter.framework/Versions/A/CrashReporter
    Referenced from: /Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Frameworks/HockeySDK.framework/Versions/A/HockeySDK
    Reason: image not found

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bigshoe9,

I moved your message to this discussion about the same issue. I'm sorry you've having this problem! Please take a look at post #12 for steps to fix this (as well as steps to send us some information that will help our developers, if you'd like to do that).

If you have any questions about that, please let us know!

• Hi guys,

I sent the PMs who are seeing this issue here.

@nut4wine, I know it seems like it is a systemic 1Password issue but it is not an issue with 1Password itself. If it was, the reinstall itself wouldn't fix it. The problem we're seeing is that a small group of users have 1Password installed with 20MB worth of app files missing. In other words, instead of getting a 56.8MB file installed in the Applications folder, the affected users have 36.8MB instead. We're trying to pinpoint who's truncating the file, is it because of a bad extraction process or a permission issue where OS X won't move files in. That's why we're investigating to find out.

• karkazis
    karkazis
    Community Member
    Options

On Monday I was prompted to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.1. I downloaded the file and tried to install it. It would crash immediately upon opening thus never installing.

I have downloaded it twice, but every time it goes to install it crashes. The plug in on my browser doesn't work either because it says I dont have 1password. It is also not available in my previous purchases on the App Store. The file I downloaded was created Jan 26. Ive seen a few other people on here with this problem, but no response.

I can't find any route to get an uncorrupted file because I cant find it in previous purchases, cannot open the version on my computer and check for updates and the version I am downloading from the website keeps crashing.

I could really use help because I am stuck in a loop.

Thanks!
    Katrina

Here is info from the error.

Process: 1Password 5 [19960]
    Responsible: 1Password 5 [19960]
    User ID: 503

Date/Time: 2015-02-04 05:55:54.405 -0800

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

The developers are trying to figure out why this is happening. I'm pinging @MikeT, who seems to be the lead. In the meantime, this post describes what you can do to help, if you are willing, and what to do to correct the problem.

The instructions say to zip the application and email it to AgileBits, but I've since read that the file will be too big to email, so instead, put the zipped file on a cloud service, such as Dropbox, and email a link to it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @karkazis,

I merged your message with this discussion about the same issue (the same thread from hawkmoth's link). You can find steps in post #12 to fix this, and to help our developers by sending some info, if you'd like. If you have questions about that, please let us know! :)

• dsachdev
    dsachdev
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, the latest version of 1password fails to run on OSX for me. I re-downloaded the latest 5.1 version, and it still fails with the same error. HELP!

• dsachdev
    dsachdev
    Community Member
    Options

I see that my latest thread is the same as this one. I have attempted to download a new copy - but it appears that it doesn't work with the January 31, 2015 update of the OSX software. Please test and let us know how to recover from this issue.

• dsachdev
    dsachdev
    Community Member
    Options

I am also using the non-App Store version

• dsachdev
    dsachdev
    Community Member
    Options

LInking to this issue - will try the trash, reboot, reinstall soon. Need to make sure I have my license handy first!

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/179262/#Comment_179262

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dsachdev,

I'm glad you were able to find the steps to fix this issue! I merged your message with that same discussion for convenience. If you need more help with that, let us know what happened when following those steps. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dsachdev, I just noticed you posted a couple messages about this in another thread, so I also merged them with this discussion.

Your latest message says you will try the steps from this discussion, so hopefully that means you're able to get it working. If not, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.