Feature request: organizing by tags and/or smart folders

Options

Sorry if I am combining requests, but I was hoping that, one day, 1PW for Windows will work as 1PW on Mac/iOS works, where one can organize entries by tags/smart folders in the sidebar.Are these features that have a chance of ever being implemented in the Windows client? I personally am much more likely to tag an entry, then to drag an entry into a folder. Plus the added convenience of basically building a list on the fly by simply adding a tag would really be great. On a practical note, I am forced to change certain groups of passwords on a periodic basis and it would be most useful if I could use the tag feature to organize these and actually SEE the organization in the windows client. Related to this is being able to create smart folders with a search on my expiring password would be helpful. In the Mac client, this is easy to do and makes it dead simple to just walk through the smart list to ensure that all old passwords are modified.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ocjlb Adding tags to sidebar is on my list of things to do. In the meantime, here's how and where you can use tags today:

1. Add and remove tags as you edit individual items. Search for tagged items by typing the tag name (or by pressing Alt+↓ and selecting the tag name) in the search field.
    2. In the browser extensions, just start typing to filter the list to show Logins with matching title, URL, or tag.
  • RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

It's on the Request Features list:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/19193/requested-features

No idea if it "coming soon" or not.

This discussion has been closed.