Complex questions, data at risk, how can I chat/talk with AgileBits?

Options
wwildwind
wwildwind
Community Member

Currently paralyzed, would really appreciate a live chat.

Comments

• wwildwind
    wwildwind
    Community Member
    Options

I had 1Password 5, I ignored the warning, it deactivated and maybe totally uninstalled itself. I no longer see either 1P4 or 1P5 in my Mac Applications folder. Now I can only access 1P3 which is missing lots of data from the last year or two.
    Have I lost data entered in 1P5 (since using 1P4)?
    Have I lost data entered in 1P4 (since using 1P3)?
    If I reinstall 1P5 after downloading it anew, would it recover the 1P5 data I had a few days ago?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wwildwind ,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password! The forums here are the quickest way to get in touch with our team. Unfortunately, we don't have a 'live chat' option, but we'll follow the conversation closely and ensure that your issue is solved just as soon as possible!

Please let us know the version numbers of 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices that are currently running 1Password, as well as what you're using to keep in sync. Then, give us as many details about this issue as you can - the more detail you provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get this straightened out. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wwildwind ,

I located another post made by you in the forums, and I've merged the two together since I think we're likely dealing with the same issue here, am I right?

I had 1Password 5, I ignored the warning, it deactivated and maybe totally uninstalled itself. I no longer see either 1P4 or 1P5 in my Mac Applications folder.

I'm curious, which 'warning' did you see - do you recall the specific text? I've never heard of 1Password uninstalling itself before, but even if the app itself did disappear, your data is stored in a separate location (especially to guard against cases where the app might be unintentionally deleted.)

In any case, re-downloading 1Password 5 is a good place to start. It will detect your existing data file and prompt you for your Master Password. If you purchased 1Password directly from us, you can snag a fresh copy from our downloads page. If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll want to open the App Store on your Mac and ensure that you are logged in with the same AppleID as you made the original purchase, then simply select 1Password from your 'Purchases' section.

If you hit any snags, please let me know, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.