1. Visit www.me.com
2. Don't have an associated u/p combination
3. Go to Fill -> Unassigned
4. Select my Apple u/p combination
---- correct behaviour ----
5. Fill the fields on the existing webpage
---- what happens ----
5. Tries to open the website associated with the ID

Any chance of fixing this, or is this By Design?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey kop48,

Go & Fill will always...Go & Fill. :-)

To fill a login at the current page — and optionally submit it if autosubmit is enabled — simply select “Fill & Submit [Your Login]” from the 1P browser toolbar button or press ⌘\ on your keyboard. Similarly, you can press ⌥⌘\ to invoke the Go & Fill HUD at any time.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Hey kop48,

Go & Fill will always...Go & Fill. :-)

To fill a login at the current page — and optionally submit it if autosubmit is enabled — simply select “Fill & Submit [Your Login]” from the 1P browser toolbar button or press ⌘\ on your keyboard. Similarly, you can press ⌥⌘\ to invoke the Go & Fill HUD at any time.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Right, I see. I'm talking about the Windows one here, I put this in the wrong forum...
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    kop48 wrote:

Right, I see. I'm talking about the Windows one here, I put this in the wrong forum...

No problem—looks like it has found its correct home. :)

In the 1Password for Windows browser extensions, Ctrl+\ works pretty much as Khad described for Command+\ on the Mac.

For related information, please see What do the keyboard shortcuts to? in the FAQ section of the user's guide.
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    OK, so I don't think I'm communicating what I mean effectively.

Basically, back to the me.com example. I want to be able to use my Apple ID to sign in. In the Windows version, at least, there is no way to use the 1P extension to do this for me that I can see. If I select the Apple one (using search, for instance), it will still try to take me to the Apple login page, instead of filling in the details on me.com...
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    kop48 wrote:

OK, so I don't think I'm communicating what I mean effectively.

Basically, back to the me.com example. I want to be able to use my Apple ID to sign in. In the Windows version, at least, there is no way to use the 1P extension to do this for me that I can see. If I select the Apple one (using search, for instance), it will still try to take me to the Apple login page, instead of filling in the details on me.com...

Sounds to me like you would like to match your apple.com login item with the me.com domain. You can do this here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins > Domain Matching
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    kop48 wrote:
    ...[At] me.com...: If I select the Apple [Login]..., it will still try to take me to the Apple login page, instead of filling in the details on me.com...

What's the domain of your Login for the Apple site? Is it apple.com?

Whatever it is, use "domain matching" (on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences) to define me.com as equivalent to the Apple Login's domain (such as apple.com).

Let us know if that helps, or if I've misunderstood...again. :unsure:
  • kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

What's the domain of your Login for the Apple site? Is it apple.com?

Whatever it is, use "domain matching" (on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences) to define me.com as equivalent to the Apple Login's domain (such as apple.com).

Let us know if that helps, or if I've misunderstood...again. :unsure:

I understand that I can add me.com to the domain matching. What I'm saying is that you're missing some functionality in the UI, which would allow a user to choose a login which is NOT associated with the current domain...
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for explaining.

I don't know of any plans to make all Logins available for use at all domains. We consider that an invitation to bad guys and phishers.

In such a situation, you could use copy and paste or (even more convenient) auto-type. The goal, though, would be to fill the login form for the first time—when you submit the form, 1Password will offer to create a Login for the site.

For convenience and security, you should accept that offer.
This discussion has been closed.