Wi-Fi Sync between Mac & iPad Starts but Times Out

Options
clg
clg
Community Member

Hi All,

I have same issue as several others (wasn't sure whether to start another discussion) - sync is stuck at "Sync Started" and then times out.

iOS ver 8.1.3
OS X ver 10.10.2

1Password 5.1 on Mac (iMac late 2013)
1Password Pro 5.2 on iOS (iPhone 5 & iPad Air)

I have done the following to try and correct it:

1) rebooted all kit - no resolution in problem
2) rebooted wi-fi router: no resolution in problem
3) uninstalled 1 PW on iPad & then reinstalled - no resolution in problem & now can't get data back on iPad without using another route(?)
4) I turned off firewall on Mac & 1PW synced between iMac & iPad. Turned it back on again and did another sync and after a while of 'sync starting' got the error message

'Sync Problem - The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out'.

I noticed that the Firewall was set to block incoming connections to 1PW and 1PW mini "except those required for basic internet services such as DHCP, Bonjour and iPSec".

Does a broader incoming connection need to be allowed?

Would be most grateful for some help

Comments

• clg
    clg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi All,

I have same issue as @Flight - sync is stuck at "Sync Started" and then times out.

iOS ver 8.1.3
    OS X ver 10.10.2

1Password 5.1 on Mac (iMac late 2013)
    1Password Pro 5.2 on iOS (iPhone 5 & iPad Air)

I have done the following to try and correct it:

1) rebooted all kit - no resolution in problem
    2) rebooted wi-fi router: no resolution in problem
    3) uninstalled 1 PW on iPad & then reinstalled - no resolution in problem & now can't get data back on iPad without using another route(?)

Would be most grateful for some help

• clg
    clg
    Community Member
    Options

As an update, I turned off firewall on Mac & 1PW synced between iMac & iPad. Turned it back on again and did another sync and after a while of 'sync starting' got the error message

'Sync Problem - The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out'.

Any thoughts please

• clg
    clg
    Community Member
    Options

As I've started a discussion thread as well, I won't get in the way of @flight's thread here and expect a response here.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clg,

Yes, 1Password needs a little more access than that. Rich Icons and updates require access to our CDN server and Wi-Fi Sync does require local connections to the device. The Wi-Fi Sync communication never leaves your local network as it's just two devices communicating via their private IP addresses but it won't work if it is blocked. Does that help?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clg,

To keep things neat I've moved your comments from the other thread and merged them with your existing one.

• clg
    clg
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies for delay in acknowledging your reply. Many thanks - your advice did help and problem is resolved

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clg,

Thanks for letting us know you have it working now, always nice to hear we've managed to help :smile:

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post!

This discussion has been closed.