IE 11 & 1Password Icon on IE Toolbar

Options

Hello,

I just bought 1Password for MAC & WINDOWS and a first time user. I use both(Windows and MAC OS) on my MAC.

After installing the extensions for the browsers(Safari, Chrome and Firefox) on MAC I could see the icon BUT when I go to windows 8.1 Pro and particularly IE11, I am unable to find the icon for 1 Password on the toolbar. I could see that extension is enabled in IE add ons but nowhere on the toolbar. Therefore I cannot login to any webpages unless I know the passwords and enter it manually.

Any help in resolving the issue is appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Have you tried the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions > Missing 1Password button article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• sanju65
    sanju65
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I checked and the list does not contain 1Password. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

...when I go to windows 8.1 Pro and particularly IE11, I am unable to find the icon for 1 Password on the toolbar.

Just to double-check, @sanju65: Do you mean you can't see the 1Password icon in the Internet Explorer 11 toolbar, or do you mean you can't see a 1Password icon in the Windows task bar?

...the list does not contain 1Password.

Assuming you mean in IE 11, is this the list you don't see it in?

If you don't see it in that dialog box, do you see it in the Manage Add-Ons dialog box?

If you don't see it in that dialog box, either, do you see a check mark next to Internet Explorer on the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences?

One more question: Are you running 1Password in desktop mode?

This discussion has been closed.