Create your own categories with their own icons and fields

Options
Nightstar
Nightstar
Community Member
edited February 2015 in iOS

********Sorry I can not Englich. I can only speak German.
The program is great! But why can not the user can not create your own categories with their own icons and fields. This would be perfect !!!! Please change this is! I am even willing to pay more money for it.

Comments

• Nightstar
    Nightstar
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

...The only way that I find:
    Only with the category logins I can item using any fields and create icons. This is too cumbersome.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Nightstar,

At the moment we only have pre-defined categories. This request is a popular one and I shall add your vote to it.

Every item type can have custom fields but I do understand that our users want to see customer item types.

ref: OPM-1643

• drivingmenuts
    drivingmenuts
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote as well. With only 20 logins atm, separating my own logins from work logins is a PITA when we use many of the same common services. Enough so that I sort of regret purchasing the software.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drivingmenuts,

The message from the OP was about creating custom categories in order to store information that doesn't already have a specific category in 1Password. But if I understand your message, it sounds like you're looking for a way to keep your personal Login items separate from work Login items?

If so, do you happen to use 1Password for Mac or Windows? Those versions allow you to create additional vaults, which is a common way to separate personal and work-related data. If you create another vault in 1Password for Mac or Windows, you can sync it to 1Password for iOS via Dropbox (1Password 5 for Mac can also sync multiple vaults via Wi-Fi sync).

Alternately, if you're only using 1Password 5 for iOS, and if you've unlocked the Pro Features, you can use the Organize tab to sort your items into folders or group them using tags. This can also be a useful way to organize your personal and work items in 1Password. We have more information about those features in our User Guide:

If I misunderstood what you're asking about, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.