iPhone restored

Options
mikell907
mikell907
Community Member

yes I just started using 1password about 6 months ago and only used the free version on the app store for my iphone. I just had to restore my iphone and now when I downloaded the 1password app its asking me to sync with icloud or dropbox? I'm confused I didn't know that it synced or I had to sync with one of those services. I have my master password but I don't even get a chance to enter my password. My dropbox login is within 1 password which I thought the whole reason behind 1password was to not need to write down all these logins but I see that all my critical passwords like my backup encryption is all in 1password and once the app was deleted I can't access my passwords. can somebody pls help

Comments

• mikell907
    mikell907
    Community Member
    Options

whats the point of having a master password if i cant use it for ios after restore iphone?? i dont have 1password on mac or pc or any other device might as well not let ppl use it for iphone if not compatible by itself

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mikell907,

I'm not sure I follow. Could you please elaborate on what the issue is? It sounds like you restored your iPhone (using iTunes I presume?) and now are unable to login to 1Password? Is that correct?

If so can you please tell me:

Thanks.

Ben

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikell907,

I merged both your messages together since they are about the same thing. I'm sorry you're missing your 1Password data after restoring your iPhone!

Please let us know the answers to Ben's questions, and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

• mikell907
    mikell907
    Community Member
    Options

thanks.
    iphone 5 running latest ios 8.1.3 i think it is. I have a backup for dropbox its gives me an error message saying no vault found. just kind of sucks that I'm thinking that this would be an easier task.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mikell907,

When you previously used 1Password, before the restore of your iPhone, did you explicitly set up syncing of your 1Password vault with Dropbox or iCloud? I ask because 1Password does not do this automatically, it's only if the user configures 1Password to do so. If you did not do this then there would be no vault in Dropbox.

Can I ask, the backup that you restored on your iPhone, when was it created and were you using 1Password at the time? If you were the backup should have contained a copy of your vault from that point in time and that should also have been restored.

Sadly, when you wipe an iOS device anything that was on it at the time is gone. Deleting any iOS app will delete all of it's files including any data files you've created. The only time this isn't true is if the app is capable of interacting with either iCloud or Dropbox and either accesses them by default or you set them up to access the cloud services.

Once we have a better idea what you had set up prior to this restore we can figure out what the state of play is now.

This discussion has been closed.