OnePassword Chrome Extension

Over the last month, I have have major issues with the Chrome extension. When I click the ONePassword extension icon, nothing happens. I use this all of the time to save passwords and login easier. I have the same issue on my work pc as well as my home computer. So this can not be an computer issue. I have reinstalled the extension multiple times and it will simply not work. It did work before, but stopped.

Comments

• adamthiele89
    adamthiele89
    Community Member

Now the extension opens up and saves passwords, but when I click the extension to enter in the username and password for a website automatically like it use to, nothing happens.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

does Ctrl+\ work?

• adamthiele89
    adamthiele89
    Community Member

For what? I am talking about the extension. I can use the Windows software just fine. On the extension, if I have a website to auto login, I click the extension and click the site name and then the username and password are filled in the login form on the website and it logs me in. The extension is not auto filling the username and password for the sites when I click the site name like I normally do.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@RichardPayne asks a valid question, @adamthiele89.

When clicking on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar doesn't open the extension, knowing whether pressing Ctrl+\ works can help us track down the nature of the problem.

Ctrl+\ has no effect in the main 1Password program, though it's good to know that you can use that just fine.

I'm confused by this part of your reply:

On the extension, if I have a website to auto login, I click the extension and click the site name and then the username and password are filled in the login form on the website and it logs me in.

...but:

The extension is not auto filling the username and password for the sites when I click the site name like I normally do.

Can you tell us the steps you take when it works and the steps you take when it doesn't work?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.