Syncing folders from 1Password4 (windows) [Moved to email]

CyberNaruto
CyberNaruto
Community Member
edited May 2015 in iOS

I noticed that after syncing with my ios devices, my custom folders and tags don't seem to carry over, is this normal functionality? o.O

Comments

• Hi @CyberNaruto ,

We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

Ok thanks i will wait for it :)

• Thanks!

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

Sorry to necropost, but you didn't forget about this issue did you? :'(

• We haven't forgotten, it just hasn't made it to the top of the list yet. Generally issues get fixed in order of severity, and feature requests get implemented based on the number of requests and feasibility / difficulty of implementation.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

Ah ok, thank you ;)

• You're very welcome. I'll give our developers a polite nudge to see what they can do about this.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

Not sure if i should post this here, but while on the topic i have noticed a possible bug? my iphone & ipod sync my tags but not my folders, and on my ipad it syncs only 1 tag and no folders o.O is it time to smack some sense into my ios devices? (that last part is just a joke)

• Could you please let me know:

• Which version of 1Password you have on each device in question?
    • What sync method you are using to sync each device?
    • Are all other changes reflected on each device?

Thanks!

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    • currently they all have the latest iOS version, it's been like this ever since i first opened this thread so it's been like this for at least a couple of versions O.O
    • all 3 uses wifi sync only
    • yes all other changes are reflected, it's just the tags & folders that don't seem to always transfer properly, even after erasing the app and reinstalling it

also this probably isn't helpful but the devices in question are a: Iphone 6 plus 128gb, ipod touch 64GB and a ipas 128gb (i only include this because i remember reading that the larger capacity ios devices seem to have problems with their flash storage)

• Thanks @CyberNaruto. Sorry to be a pain, but could you please include the actual version number of 1Password on each device?

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CyberNaruto: It sounds like that will be the current version of 1Password for iOS. Which version of 1Password for Windows are you using? It seems likely that that might be part of the equation as well. Older versions don't understand many of the newer database features, so I wonder if that might account for some of the trouble you've been having. Thanks in advance! :)

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

currently i'm using 4.3.2.BETA-570, i noticed today there's a new stable release so i'll be upgrading today

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CyberNaruto: Thanks! Once you update, see if you're still experiencing the issue. And if you are, let me know the exact steps you're taking so I can try to reproduce this myself. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

Ok after upgrading it to the latest (4.5) i have sync'd again and no no avail D: i removed the app, redownloaded it and restored purchases (to get pro features) and synced again and still on my ipad only 1 tag syncs while no folders sync and on my ipod and iphone all the tags sync but no folders sync o.o

• Hi @CyberNaruto,

We do have a bug in our bug tracker related to folders not syncing from Windows to iOS but it shows that it is resolved in 5.4.2 for iOS. Please keep an eye out for that update. Sorry for the trouble!

ref: OPI-2525

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member

Ok, i will await the public update and update as needed :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience. It should be available shortly! :)

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

Success!... (kinda) the new update didn't initially sync my tags but after deleting the app and redownloadng it, then syncing it it synced all my tags on my ipad, so now my ipad, ipod, and iphone have all my tags, but none of the folders. would i just have to manually recreate all my folders and move my logins to the folders on each device to get the folders working? :'(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CyberNaruto: This is very strange. Do you mean that your folders do not show up on any of your devices now? It sounded like you had them on at least one device originally. If so, creating a new backup there and then restoring from an older one should restore the folders as well...but only do this outright if it won't cause you to miss any newer data.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

No i never had folders on any of my devices (other than my pc that is) before i had some of my tags, and now i have all of them, but the folders still do not sync to any of my idevices :'( i also tried deleting the app from my devices and syncing again but it still doesn't sync the folders

ref: RJE-31495-995

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hi @CyberNaruto

I see that someone from our team is now helping you to resolve this issue via email. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there.

ref: QAC-98427-364

Since we're dealing with this question elsewhere, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.