Update 5.2 not on MAS yet? [1Password 5 for Mac is currently on version 5.1]

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

just checked, not there yet. Is it just on AgileBits for now?

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

whoops, not on iTunes or phone either???

• xairbusdriver
    xairbusdriver
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

Not even in the manual "Check for Updates" function of the app! Maybe they found a bug right after the email went out! Or someone sent the email a bit early? Oh well, sounds like it will be nice... when it becomes available! :)

Perhaps like others here, I miss-read the note from Mr. Teare! Furst missteake uv thee yeer! I'm already running 5.1! However, it says it's running as a "Trial" and I have only 22 days remaining... but that's another problem on another thread. I gotta go find my glasses... 8-)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

It has to go through Apple's approval process, so usually takes a couple of extra weeks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tuni, @xairbusdriver and @danco,

I apologize for the confusion here! It sounds like you may have read Dave's most recent newsletter about all the cool updates that we have been working on - is that correct?

Just to clarify, the 5.2 update is for 1Password 5 for iOS. 1Password 5 for Mac is currently on version 5.1, with all sorts of great 'Syncerrific' fixes. Please have a look in the 1Password menu > About 1Password. Which version are you currently using?

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

I am using 1Password 4 for Mac (v 4.4.3). When I "Check for Updates," I am being thanked for using the latest version. Why is it not seeing either v5 or 5.1? Does it require Yosemite OS to update?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @teriross ,

You're correct - 1Password 5 does require Yosemite. If/when you decide to upgrade your OS, there will be a shiny new version of 1Password waiting for you. :)

• leah
    leah
    Community Member

I have Yosemite. Can't upgrade my version of 1Password for Mac. It tries, but always comes up with error. What now?

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Finally found the existing version on my iPhone - I DO have 5.2 on it after all - I was a bit confused after reading dave's e-mail this morning. My bad....duh!!!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@leah:

Can't upgrade my version of 1Password for Mac. It tries, but always comes up with error

What is the error message, please? What is your existing version of 1P and what is your OS X version?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @leah,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password! As Stephen_C says, we'll need a bit more detail here to track things down. If you answer his questions, we'll get you straightened out. :)

This discussion has been closed.