UTF-8 characters problem for new items created in 1Password4 for Windows

Options
oksoftware
oksoftware
Community Member
edited February 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello, I really appreciate that automatic translations for field names has started to work (at least for some items :) ) for the Czech localization in the Windows version but unfortunately there is an UTF-8 issue. All alphabet characters that are specific for the Czech language are corrupted:

This issue appears in 1Password for Windows (version 4.1.0.BETA-541) and only for new items. Existing items or items created in iOS version of the application are not affected.
Best regards, Igor

Updated: The problem appears for some items only, e.g. Software License, Credit Card, Reward Program, Membership, Passport, Driver's License, Social Security Number, Outdoor License, Email Account, Instant Messenger, FTP Account, Generic Account, iCloud, iTunes, Internet Provider, Router and Server.
Some others are OK, e.g. Bank Account, Amazon S3 and Database.
When I checked a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\1Password 4\Locale\v4\cs.lproj it looks like some files are Unicode and some are UTF-8. But the content of the folder doesn't match items in the "New Item" menu so perhaps the real translations are stored somewhere else.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oksoftware Fixed in 4.1.0.BETA-542

• oksoftware
    oksoftware
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I can confirm the problem was fixed. Thank you!

• oksoftware
    oksoftware
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again!
    There is another problem related to these localizations :) ... when a user accidentally select English form the Language menu (as I did, because I hoped there is a posibility to switch whole UI to Czech and wanted to try to switch it to English and that back to Czech from that menu), the Czech option disappears and there is no easy way (or I didn't find any) how to enable the Czech translations again. However when I changed this via system register the "Czech" item will appear back in the menu.

Do you plan to translate the Windows application to the Czech language? As I recommend it to many of my friend the most frequent complain is about the English interface. I you give me some strings I can translate them for you, it is not problem. I've been developing information systems for more than 20 years so I hope I can deliver correct translations even for runtime messages etc., but I hope a translation of the UI will be enough.

Best regards, Igor

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oksoftware The Czech language is disabled because we do not have a complete Czech translation.

Do you plan to translate the Windows application to the Czech language?

Yes.

I you give me some strings I can translate them for you

Thanks! /cc @AlexHoffmann

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Interesting—I don't even see Czech on the Languages menu.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't even see Czech on the Languages menu

@DBrown This is because your system language isn't Czech.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

This is because your system language isn't Czech.

My system isn't Dutch and yet I'm seeing the Dutch option.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

My system isn't Dutch and yet I'm seeing the Dutch option.

This is because we include a Dutch translation. We do not have a complete Czech translation.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This is because your system language isn't Czech.

As I surmised. Thanks, @svondutch!

This discussion has been closed.