Expedite License

Options
BlackSophie
BlackSophie
Community Member

Okay..okay!
I'm in the 30 day trial window started when I downloaded from the Mac App Store. I just want purchase the app (through the App Store to preserve iCloud sync) without having to wait until the trial period is up. How can I accomplish this.
Thanks
Bob

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Apple doesn't have free trials on any of the software they sell. If you indeed are coming to the end of a free trial period, then you must have downloaded your current copy from the AgileBits web store. If you actually did download from Apple, you aren't in a 30 day trial period. Your purchase gave you a regular license.

Here are some directions for switching to the MAS version, which you will have to pay for: Migrating to the App Store version. You shouldn't have any trouble doing what you want, but if you have more question, don't hesitate to post back here.

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

Dah!
    Don't know how I screwed that up. My original intent was to purchase from the Mac Store for my Apple products, send you my receipt and request a license for my PC.....for the bundled price. The plan was to preserve the iCloud sync capability for the future possibility of a PC free household. Somehow (perhaps to impatience on my part) I purchased the license for my Apple stuff from Agilbits store. So.... having already purchased the Apple license, is there a way to:
    1. bend this faux pax back around to the original plan, or
    2. maybe easier to just convert my current Agilebits purchase to the bundled package that includes the licenses for both my Apple and PC stuff.
    Thanks for your patience here...
    Bob

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

If you bought your Mac license from AgileBits within their 30 day refund window, you can ask for a refund and then go to the Mac App Store to buy a license there. So you can select your option 1 if you fall in that window. If you do, send your request for a refund to support+licenses@agilebits.com. Include the email address you used to make your buy, your full name as you gave it, and the address you gave. You will get an automated reply, which will include a support ticket number. You could likely help staff connect your request with this thread if you return here and post that ticket number.

If you have a licensed copy from AgileBits, I don't really understand why you are experiencing an end-of-trial notice. If you have a license and did apply the license file as you would have been directed to do, but are still getting a license expired notice, check out the first post in this section of the forum and see if there is information of use to you there. Here is the direct link.

If you are not in the refund window, you can indeed implement your option 2. You'd send a request for the bundle price to add a Windows license to the same address and include the same information as I just outlined. They'll fix you up with a discounted price for a Windows license. As I read your post, you do recognize that iCloud won't be an option as long as you want Windows machines to sync to your other devices. So that's just a reminder, in case...

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

Nicely answered. Thanks for the patient help.
    Your last sentence duly noted. I will sync cross platform via dropbox until such time as I am PC free. Then I will switch to iCloud sync. I'm pretty sure the Mac App Store version gives me both options...syncing via dropbox or iCloud.?

Bob

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Correct. The Mac App Store version handles Dropbox and iCloud.

• Sounds like @hawkmoth got this sorted out for you, @BlackSophie?

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Rick

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

LQZ-59566-389

per "hawkmoth" above...."You could likely help staff connect your request with this thread if you return here and post that ticket number."

Done as requested.

Bob

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BlackSophie,

Thank you, I find the ticket IDs help dodge all sorts of issues in locating an email. You should find I've replied already.

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

Ok
    Finally got around to re-purchasing. Went with the package deal through agilebits store. I know that is not the previously described plan...but here we are. Due to the previous purchase I was assigned a license. Then I got a refund. Now I purchased the Mac/PC package and want to register the new license, but the first and refunded license seems to have control. The program thinks that my license is the one that was assigned due to the first purchase. So it will not let me load the new license. Can I fix this problem. For reference, the date associated with the first license is 24 jan, bought through Agilebits store.
    Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BlackSophie,

If the question is regarding 1Password for Mac then this is what I found works.

You need to download the licence file to your Downloads folder. Part of the email should look something like this and you want to use the third link, the one that says View the complete installation steps.

1Password 5 for Mac

Name: littlebobbytables

Download: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Register: With 1Password downloaded, click here to automatically add your license

Notes:

No link? Link not working? View the complete installation steps.

On that page you can download your 1Password licence file via the big blue button.

Then in 1Password I would go to 1Password 5 > License... and drag and drop the new licence over the gold 1Password icon. If you close 1Password and reopen I find it has replaced the old licence with the new one.

Let us know how you get along.

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo....followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. I am now properly licensed!
    Thanks

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry...not so fast. When I select the "View the complete installation steps" as directed above. Then select the big blue button for the download. Then drag the download file onto the gold key hole, and then restart....I'm getting the old license. This original license was for only the Mac. When I have the license emailed to me through the 1Password License help page, I get the new license for the Mac/PC bundle. The New license loaded into my PC version with no trouble???? Can we manually delete the license associated with the 24 Jan 15 purchase and reassign new license?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BlackSophie,

Now just to confirm, you shut down 1Password after adding the new licence via drag and drop? What I found from my own testing was it didn't update dynamically. If that's exactly what you've done with no joy please do let me know and we can try something else.

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

The file that is downloading when I select the big blue button, has the wrong license. I can clearly see the first seven characters and they are not the first seven characters assigned on my purchase receipt. So when I drag and drop, then close and open....it is in a sense, updating with the information it is retrieving from your server. However the information is incorrect. The first seven characters of the license that is downloading are "edc227d". The first seven characters of the license assigned when I purchased the bundled package are "1PWB-2HK". Hope this helps you understand the issue better.
    Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BlackSophie,

The Mac and Windows versions of 1Password use very difference licenses. The Mac version uses a license file which you download and add to the 1Password app on your Mac. The Windows version uses a license code which you type or copy/paste into the 1Password program on Windows.

Your license file for 1Password for Mac has a code associated with it, but you don't need to worry about that, you just need to add the license file to the 1Password app on your Mac (you won't use that code on your Mac at all). Your license code for 1Password for Windows (the one that starts with 1PWB) is completely different.

Sorry for any confusion about that! From your description, it sounds like everything is fine. But if you have more questions, just let us know. Thanks!

• BlackSophie
    BlackSophie
    Community Member
    Options

Okay....that makes sense. Sorry for much ado about nothing.
    Everything is operating correctly.
    Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all @BlackSophie, I'm sorry that was confusing! If you ever need anything else, we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.