1Password 5 on iOS 8.1.2 iPhone does not sync with Dropbox

Options
gfruit14
gfruit14
Community Member

Yesterday I noticed that 1P was encountering an error when syncing on my iPhone. I don't remember the specific error, but I think it said something about trying it again later. I checked back after a little while and the problem persisted. My next thought was to remove the connection to my Dropbox and un-sync it to my phone and remove all the synced data so it could be downloaded fresh. I then tried to re-sync it to my Dropbox, which seemed to be working, but then after selecting the location of my vault, which was there and is the correct one, it got stuck on the screen where it should have been downloading the information to sync. There was a notification that it was downloading with the spinning circle showing that it was doing something, however nothing downloaded after letting it sit there for several minutes.

This morning I tried connecting to the keychain again with the same result. So I decided I'd try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it from the App Store on my phone. I have done that, and now after going through the same steps as yesterday, after selecting the vault from Dropbox, the next screen is blank aside from the header of "Dropbox" and a "Cancel" button to the left of it. It's no longer even showing any semblance of activity.

I don't know what to do at this point. I'm having no sync problems on my computer or iPad. Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi David ( @gfruit14 ),

I think it would be helpful to take a look and see what might be different on your iPad from your iPhone. Please create a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices:

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here with your ticket ID once you've sent the reports in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• gfruit14
    gfruit14
    Community Member
    Options

I'd be happy to do that for you, however how should I go about doing this on the iPhone? Should I set it up as if I don't have a previous vault? That way I'll be able to access the settings. Otherwise I can't figure out how to. I'll send the iPad one in the meantime.

David

• gfruit14
    gfruit14
    Community Member
    Options

I have submitted the iPad report, the support ID is [#DIX-75298-752]

• Ben
    Options

Just to clarify, when you set up the iPhone to sync with Dropbox, you are unable to access the 1Password settings? Could you please elaborate on that point a bit?

We have received the iPad report. Thanks.

ref: DIX-75298-752

• gfruit14
    gfruit14
    Community Member
    Options

For the iPhone, think of it as a fresh install. So when I open the app I'm asked if I want to create a new vault or sync with an existing one. When I choose an existing one and then select Dropbox, I get to the blank screen I mentioned. I have no way of accessing settings or anything else. My only options are within the Dropbox section where I select the account and then the location of the vault. Aside from those screens, the only other option is to cancel and be sent back to the menu asking me to select the sync option to use.

Hope that helps clear things up. Let me know how you'd like me to proceed. Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gfruit14,

Can I ask, have you tried rebooting the iPhone at all since this started?

I believe I'm understanding your posts correctly but can I just confirm that. It sounds like you also have the Dropbox app installed, is that correct?

Here are the first four screens you would expect to see if you have the Dropbox app installed and are trying to sync as an existing user in a blank copy of 1Password. Can you confirm if it's the Dropbox app screen that isn't showing or our one please (I've numbered them to make it easier, that might help clear up the issue.

• gfruit14
    gfruit14
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have tried rebooting a number of times, before uninstalling the 1Password app, with it uninstalled, and then once it was reinstalled. It hadn't had any effect. I just did it one more time right now to see if it would make any difference, and for some reason things now seem to be working correctly.

Thank you for the help and if I have problems in the future I'll let you guys know. For now everything seems to be good.

David

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Don't you just hate it when it decides to resolve itself with no obvious reason why.

Hopefully it decides to behave from now on then @gfruit14 but if not you know where we are.

This discussion has been closed.