Firefox 35.0.1 add in no longer workling

Options

I used 1Password (windows) without problems. but aber updating firefox or 1password (I don't really know) the add in no longer works. also after deinstallation and reinstallation. when firefox wants to install ist, firefox prompts that it can't modify the file.
Any idea?
Thank you very much!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry you're having a problem with the 1Password extension for Firefox, @Quintain.

Please make sure you're using the very latest beta build of the extension (4.3.0.b7), and let us know whether that helps.

Thanks for your patience!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Firefox 35.0.1 add in no longer working

@Quintain What version of 1Password for Windows are you running? There used to be a bug w/ Firefox 35 that we fixed in version 4.1.0.538

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

• Quintain
    Quintain
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for my late answer (I was travelling).
    @DBrown: I deinstalled the extension and then installed beta extension .b7
    -> same problem
    @svondutch: I am using 4.1.0.538
    -> same problem

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

the add in no longer works

@Quintain please define "does not work".

• Quintain
    Quintain
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to install it:

(Before I deinstalled the extension). I then get an error message from firefox, that firefox can't modify the file:

-> does not work = the extension can be found in the add in list. but deactivated:

When I activate it and restart firefox it seems to "work"

But I have no icon of 1password.

Unfortunately weeks ago everything worked fine.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Have you tried the tips under "Firefox" in the Missing 1Password button article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase? (Be sure to see the notes in that section, as well.)

• FrankyPilot
    FrankyPilot
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I have almost the same problem: Firefox refuses to install the plugin (error message see screenshot).

On a fresh firefox install I could install the plugin, I selected the stable one, but that didn't work. I uninstalled the plugin and then selected the beta version, but Firefox refused to install, only giving this error message.

It is not a question of a missing button, the add-on is not and can not be installed

The Firefox version is 35.0.1.

PS: pls tell me if I should open a new topic

• FrankyPilot
    FrankyPilot
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch: thanks for the link. It seem that I have a generall problem with my fresh install of Firefox, because Firefox does not make a download at all, neither file nor addon (never had this before). It is not a problem of my PC, because downloads with Chrome e.g. work fine.
    Maybe I did not delete all traces of Firefox before I did the new install. I must solve this download problem before I continue installing the 1Password addon.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FrankyPilot, did you try the tips under the Cannot download extension heading in that Cannot install extension article?

• FrankyPilot
    FrankyPilot
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown, I did read the tips, but for now I didn't try them. I just finished a 2nd uninstall of firefox, deleted the profil folder, ran ccleaner for registry scan and finally, shut down PC for today (its late now and an influenca virus hit me).
    If Firefox does not make any download I should fix/solve this first, if done I'll try your tipps. Thank you for your response. Hopefully I can post sucess tomorrow.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The decision is yours, of course, @FrankyPilot, but a few Firefox users have reported being unable to download the 1Password extension in Firefox (though we're unable to reproduce the problem), and the tips under the Cannot download extension heading in that Cannot install extension article have provided them a solution. That's why we added it to the knowledgebase.

Feel better soon!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown to clarify, I think @FrankyPilot is saying that his Firefox is not downloading any files, not just the 1Password extension, hence his reasonable decision to resolve that more general problem first.

• FrankyPilot
    FrankyPilot
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I got Firefox to work again and I installed 1Password beta addon sucessfully (the normal way).
    Compared to my laptop the extention is now working in a different way. If I open a webside with login fields and I click on the 1Password addon symbol in Firefox, nothing happens. When I press CTRL # a 1Password windows opens, but I must search for the webside or select it from a (long) list. On my laptop I just click on the symbol an a window opens with suggestions, one click and I'm in.

• FrankyPilot
    FrankyPilot
    Community Member
    Options

Found out some things:
    1Password addon for Firefox on my laptop was an older version, updateing to the latest beta I got the same behaviour as on my desktop.
    KAV didn't update itself (as it should), it still was the 1st version released (KAV2015), I installed the latest version on both machines.
    Adblock plus can disturbe the function of the 1Password addon, disableing and enableing again solved it for me (for now?!).

Finally all is ok know on both computers. Thank you all very much for the help !

• Thanks for letting us know that things are working for you now @FrankyPilot!

@Quintain have you managed to fix the issue on your end? Is the Firefox extension working for you now?

• Quintain
    Quintain
    Community Member
    Options

Update: with great interest I followed the discussion and tried different things. But nothing solved the problem.
    Sometimes time helps: I just updated to firefox 36.0 an now everything is fine with the add-in 4.2.5:
    I can deinstall and reinstall it without problems and the icon appeared. No idea what was wrong with the previous firefox version.
    Nevertheless thank you very much for the great support.

• Quintain
    Quintain
    Community Member
    Options

Update: with great interest I followed the discussion and tried different things. But nothing solved the problem.
    Sometimes time helps: I just updated to firefox 36.0 an now everything is fine with the add-in 4.2.5:
    I can deinstall and reinstall it without problems and the icon appeared. No idea what was wrong with the previous firefox version.
    Nevertheless thank you very much for the great support.

• Quintain
    Quintain
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry: I just sent it twice.

• FrankyPilot
    FrankyPilot
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, its a really good support. I want to mention one thing very helpful for me besides this forum: a knowledge base that can be downloaded as PDF file

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

a knowledge base that can be downloaded as PDF file

@FrankyPilot

1. Navigate to https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb
    2. Scroll down
    3. Click on: "Download as PDF"
  • FrankyPilot
    FrankyPilot
    Community Member
    Options

Ups, I see my comment was misunderstood (I'm not a native speaker).
    I realized the possibility to download this PDF already, this is very helpful and I like it. I have never seen such before.

• We're glad to hear that things are working out for everybody :)

This discussion has been closed.