Installing Chrome Extension

Options
Community Member

I am new to 1 Password. I have created a master password and have opened the application and entered some data. I am now in the process of trying to install the Chrome extension. When I push the Green button a box opens up and asks if I want Password Manager and gives me the option of accepting or canceling. When I push cancel a red warning pops up and states "There was an error installing the Chrome extension. Please try again (which I have done several times) or contact us for assistance". Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Hi @7883,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try installing it directly from the Chrome Web Store instead: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-password-manage/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

Please let me know if that works correctly for you. :)

Community Member
    Options

Jasper,

Thanks for the response. I am confused. Do I need to install Password Manager to install the Chrome Extension? Also, I don't see a way to install at the linked site you provided. I know I'm missing something.

• Hi @7883,

If it starts with 1Password: Password Manager, yes, that's the extension you need to install in Chrome. Press the blue button to install the extension in Chrome like in this screenshot:

Community Member
    Options

Thanks, It seems that I simply do not have the computer skills to execute the suggested fixes spelled out in this forum. I can get the auto fill to work on some sites but not on my credit cards, bank or Vanguard. At this point this is costing much more time and effort than any gain. Could you please refund my purchase? To the extent that I can make it work it seems like a great idea.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @7883,

I couldn't find a record of a purchase made using the email address you use here in the forums. Did you purchase 1Password directly from us or did you purchase it from Apple's Mac App Store (MAS)?

If you purchased it from Apple's store then you will need to request a refund from them. We have no control or influence there I'm afraid so you have to request the refund as the customer.

If you have purchased directly from us I can only assume it was using a different email address. If this is the case I would recommend emailing us at support+licenses@agilebits.com using the email address you used to purchase, explain the situation and request a refund.

I hope that helps.

Community Member
    Options

Thanks,

I did purchase from the Apple store.

• Ben
    Options

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @7883. We'd be happy to continue to help you get up and running but if you'd prefer a refund you can request one from Apple here:

Thanks!

Community Member
    Options

I really like the concept of this app and would like to make it work. I have managed to load a number of my accounts and to the extent they work it is great. Unfortunately, while the app will fill many of my logins it does not fill in six of my other accounts ( two credit cards, one bank, one frequent flyer account (Delta), Turbo Tax, and one investment account. In addition one utility will fill but comes up with the error message "Error in retrieving landing page. Any suggestions? Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @7883,

Financial sites are often tricky for two reasons.

1. Their design is often quite hostile towards password managers.
    2. We often simply can't create accounts to test with.

That isn't to say we don't try though. Here is what I suggest.

Can you list the names and URLs of the sites you're having trouble with please.

For those with known solutions we can point you to the relevant threads. For those we're not too sure of we'll have you create a thread(s) and we'll deal with them one at a time. That's the easiest way to proceed I think so that that there aren't too many posts winging backwards and forwards potentially causing confusion.

This discussion has been closed.