Get passwords from iphone?

conceroro
edited February 2011 in iOS
So I have 1password booth on my computer and on my iphone. I got it on my iphone so if my computer crashed I could get my passwords from my iphone. Problem is in my iphone I dont see any passwords, any way to fix this? And yes I have it synced.

EDIT: Reason I need to see my passwords on my iphone is if im on the go and need a password and dont have my computer with me. Or if my computer crashes and I need to restore it with the backup from dropbox, then I would need dropbox password from my phone because I cant get it from my computer if that one crashed.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry that you are having this problem, conceroro.

Please try rebuilding your data file in 1Password on your Mac (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…) and then resetting Dropbox syncing in 1Password on your iPhone (Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).
  • khad wrote:

I'm sorry that you are having this problem, conceroro.

Please try rebuilding your data file in 1Password on your Mac (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…) and then resetting Dropbox syncing in 1Password on your iPhone (Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).

Thanks for answer, I dont have an mac though, I have windows 7. Syncing with dropbox between windows and iphone.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please try repairing your data file in 1Password for Windows (File > Repair 1Password Data) and then resetting Dropbox syncing in 1Password on your iPhone (Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • conceroro
    edited February 2011
    khad wrote:

Please try repairing your data file in 1Password for Windows (File > Repair 1Password Data) and then resetting Dropbox syncing in 1Password on your iPhone (Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thank you so much, solved it :D:D:D

One more question though, incase booth my computer and iphone crashes, then I wouldnt have acces to dropbox and I wouldnt be able to restore my 1password right? What about if I got a USB stick, what of the files would I need to save on that one to restore 1password on windows?

Sorry for all the ramble but just need to check up and thanks for an awesome program. And actually I will be buying a mac soon because 1password 3 looks sooooo awesome :D
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Thank you so much, solved it

I'm glad everything is working well now. That is great news! :-D

One more question though, incase booth my computer and iphone crashes, then I wouldnt have acces to dropbox and I wouldnt be able to restore my 1password right?

You could always reset your Dropbox password in order to gain access. Of course, you could also use 1PasswordAnywhere, a secure web application built right into your data file that gives you read-only access to your information when you're away from 1Password. You can see 1PasswordAnywhere in action on our YouTube channel.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.